What If ideas/goals for the upcoming year, what are YOUR plans?

Started by SigfanUSAF, December 31, 2012, 08:40:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spey_Phantom

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 23, 2014, 12:34:58 PM
LOVE that idea!  :thumbsup:

Using the big 'Billboard' SABENA all along the fuselage? That'd look awsome.

decals are already printed and im eager to begin building it  ;D

it will be based on the older all-white livery,
but with the new updated logo from the still exisiting Sabena flight academy  ;)

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

McColm

The Dassault Alfa Jet gets over looked, so a few whiffs as the Goshawk alternative.
Still on the hunt for an all glazed nose canopy for the Avro Shackleton, might try a Bristol Blenheim.
Lancaster & Shackleton kitbash. Often wondered if the Shackleton MkII had entered service during WWII would have looked like as a heavy bomber. Closer to the Liberator or Privateer in looks.

The Wooksta!

See BSP: Fighters and Bombers 1935-1950 p.109 for the Avro 680.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

major

Quote from: McColm on June 03, 2014, 09:30:14 PM
The Dassault Alfa Jet gets over looked, so a few whiffs as the Goshawk alternative.

That would be the Lockheed Alpha jet then, as a Goshawk alternative. :thumbsup:
Would look good in the centennial schemes. Yellow wings, colourful tails! Blue Angels! Maybe?

McColm

With the debate on the 2015 SDSR raising its head again and the topic of the replacement long range maritime patrol aircraft. That's easy what's the most popular form of four jet engines that has the range and payload. Dust off the Boeing 747. Got two 1/144 kits in the stash was going to build an AEW version but a MPA/ASW version makes more sense as a Whiff.
The C-130 or Airbus A400M Atlas might take the role. The US-1A amphibious aircraft in RAF colours or the Trident MKIII that I'm building as a kitbash.
Still Lockheed has loads of S-2B Vikings in storage, a four engined build and stretched fuselage.
As the Brits already lease the An-124 or they could use the C-17s.
Could use my Airfix 1/144 Airbus A300A.
Was keeping the 1/72 Boeing RC-135W River Joint for a rainy day. Another kitbash would be the rear end of a Tu-22M3 and HS.125 bizjet or other bizjet to fit.

McColm

A Mig-25 with VG wings appeals to me.
Using the C-141 Starlifter as a AWACS/AEW similar to the Be. A-50 Mainstay with underwing inflight refueling pods. 1/144 or 1/100 scale. 1/72 is going to be a bit big.
Grumman Avenger AEW or COD version.
A cross between a sailing ship and a aircraft, as seen on YouTube.

McColm

Adding Griffon engines to a B-17 and B-24. A set of RR Tynes on a B-29/C-97. The Bell P-39Q Airacobra maybe in the style of a Shellby Mustang. Still thinking about that. The Russian Bison and Badger as seaplanes.
Might experiment with chrome on the Airfix Constellation, found a fried in Bristol that thinks he can do this at a reasonable price. Maybe a 1/24 Mustang or 1950s airliners that had highly polished finish.

McColm

I wonder if anyone has thought of adding a pair of floats to the Lockheed Neptune or DC-54?
I know size of the floats might be a problem, a trimaran layout would work.

McColm

Another less crazy idea, Shorts Sunderland in USNavy colours.
The urge of a kitbash with the Consolidated PBY-2 Coronado or Martin Marlin or even the Boeing Clipper. The Whatif the USNavy had bought the Sunderland or Seaford. Post war could have been used by the Coast Guard or for cargo/transport.

Whilst the Grumman S-2 Tracker could be converted to the tanker role to refuel helicopters. Another Whiff is in Royal Navy colours for the Trader and Tracer. Turboprop and Griffon engines as alternatives.

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: McColm on November 03, 2014, 01:27:42 AM
A Mig-25 with VG wings appeals to me.

Rather go for a MiG-31 - there actually were VG designs at an early project stage, so a whif model would not come out of the blue...  ;)

Jesse220

Captain Canada

I plan on finishing off the 10-50 simple whifs, which are basically paint and markings, and then getting on with some 'real' whifs. Mods and scratch building etc. And scale-o-rama-llama ding dong.

:cheers: :drink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

McColm

I'm not too sure if this will work, but if you were to kitbash the Airfix Shorts Stirling with a warped Avro Shackleton kit in 1/72 scale.
By using the cockpit and the wings from the Shackleton, a MkV with the single vertical tail fin could be achieved. You'd need to either cut off the front end of the Stirling and apply the Shackleton front end. Or add the glazed parts from the Shackleton kit.
Both versions of the shoulder and lower wing will be built.
Could turn out to look like a stretched Neptune with four engines!

Captain Canada

Definitely something to consider Steven !! I thought ( think ) I have a second Stirling kit about, but I may be thinking of a Halifax.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?