What If ideas/goals for the upcoming year, what are YOUR plans?

Started by SigfanUSAF, December 31, 2012, 08:40:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raptormodeller

-Vengeance class flat top (think british nimitz's and ski jumps)
- Black Widow II FGR.1 (YF-23 replaces the TSR2 after an illustrious career)
- Sea Lightning FAW.2 if I get my hands on a decent F6
- Second generation BAC TSR.2 GR.8

...And that's it for the moment!
A raptor with a difference
Whiffs are life                                            I found vis on vi intarnat i down noh  
the worlds ONLY modelling raptor               whow toow speel

eatthis

custom made pc desks built to order (including pc inside the the desk)

https://www.etsy.com/uk/your/listings?ref=si_your_shop

http://tinypic.com/m/hx3lmq/3

Raptormodeller

A raptor with a difference
Whiffs are life                                            I found vis on vi intarnat i down noh  
the worlds ONLY modelling raptor               whow toow speel

Rick Lowe

To finish more than I start.

Yeah, ok, stop snickering out there -  It's not impossible, I've heard of some who've done it... :-\

Have a great New Year, everyone  :cheers:

Steel Penguin

once again the simple chant of
Build stuff, have fun.
there will be some cold war stuff, but that's mainly due to a very large chunk of my stash covering that period, as opposed to forethought, planning, and things like that
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Aragorn

Hi all, at first I wish all of you a Happy New Year and all the best for 2016! My plan is to go on with my alternative Marineflieger (German Naval Aviation) aircrafts at last, as I will have my eyesight corrected next week. Getting older is really no fun, I must say, and when you can't see anything clear which gets closer than two feet...

Aragorn
"Den Luftraum über See, beherrscht das MFG" (The aerospace over the seas is ruled by the German Navy Air Arm)

steelpillow

I really ought to post some photos of my RAAF Twinfire Mk. VV as I build it. Trouble is, I work slowly and don't get much time.

Then there' my cardboard-and-sellotape SSO space sportster that really needs plastikard and a raid on the spares box, the bladeship to go with one of my SF short stories, the supersonic delta-winged Harrier project that follows many years after the Twinfire, etc. etc. So many whiffs, so little time.
Cheers.

NARSES2

If I can only build 10% of the ideas that come into my head then I will be happy.

Hopefully increase the current build rate from 1 1/2 a month to 2 ?

Anyway happy new year lads  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

A)  Like Steel Penguin said  "build stuff,  have fun"  except in my case it's likely to be "create backstories for modellers more skilled than me to use, have fun"

B) Enjoy everyone else's  contributions to this site.

C) Finish  a couple of started projects.

D)Encourage other contributors in their endeavours

E)  Continue with  my contribution to our collective duty as whiffers to indulge in JMN boggling wherever, whenever and however possible.

That should do for 2016, I think.

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on January 01, 2016, 07:15:03 AM

E)  Continue with  my contribution to our collective duty as whiffers to indulge in JMN boggling wherever, whenever and however possible.

Sounds like a good 'Mission Statement' for all of us.  ;D :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kerick

A)  Like Steel Penguin said  "build stuff,  have fun"  except in my case it's likely to be "create backstories for modellers more skilled than me to use, have fun"

B) Enjoy everyone else's  contributions to this site.

C) Finish  a couple of started projects.

D)Encourage other contributors in their endeavours

That should do for 2016, I think.

I plan to do much the same except write storiesa. And we appreciate the stories! I'll just leave it to someone better at it than me.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

ericr

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 01, 2016, 07:33:43 AM

Sounds like a good 'Mission Statement' for all of us.  ;D :lol:

:thumbsup:

Spey_Phantom

Ok, its 2016, time to get out the planning  :mellow:
now lets see...........ah yes, i have:

-1/72 Mig-21F-13 in Netherlands AF markings
-1/72 H135M (Belgian Army)
-1/72 EC665 Tiger-ARH (Belgian Army)
-1/144 Airbus A330-MRTT (Belgian AF)
-1/144 Airbus A400M (Belgian AF)
-various 1/144 models, both aircraft, vehicles & ships.
-various Luft46 models.

so many models to build, so little time  :rolleyes:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

hamsandwich

Tornado F3 {Airfix starter set}   Canada, Spain from spares
Lightning F2a     Airfix                   Spain {spares} Chile, Rhodesia {foreign Hunters}
Lightning F6   Airfix                 Abu Dhabi, Singapore {foreign Hunters}  Peru Spares
Harrier GR3   Airfix                 Kenya {foreign Hunters} Yugoslavia spares
Harrier GR9   Airfix                 Swiss, France {spares} Qatar Oman {foreign Hunters}
Harrier FA2        Airfix                 France, Finland, USMC, spares
Jaguar GR1       tamiya               Swiss {spare} Saudi Arabia, Singapore {foreign Hunters}
Eurofighter        Revell                   Swiss, France {spares}
Swift FR5           Airfix                 Denmark, Iran, Yugoslavia {Hi Decal RF84}

Just FEW things to keep me going.

McColm

Using a second-hand already built Airfix Nimrod and stretching the fuselage  by a two window section forward of the wing (Sky Guardian). Adding a wing fuel tank right-hand-side. Using the Nimrod AEW3 vertical tail and two winglets to the tail for stability from a E-2 Hawkeye kit. The tail exhaust pipes are from the Airfix Sea Harrier Mk2.
Originally to fit a Rotodome from the Hawkeye but the Lonewulf Sidetrack Harrier AEW resin conversion set wing pods are a better fit. Dry tested, the two underwing hose & drogue inflight fueling pods from the Matchbox/Revell HP Victor K2 fit and have been glued in place.
The Sidetrack nose cone will be fitted at the rear.
Just need to add the undercarriage , aerials, inflight refueling probe and landing lighting. May scribe fuselage cargo doors. Paint scheme to be decided . Tiger stripes or union flag on the wings and tail surfaces.