What If ideas/goals for the upcoming year, what are YOUR plans?

Started by SigfanUSAF, December 31, 2012, 08:40:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: ericr on December 01, 2017, 01:05:13 AM

That is "The Objective", gentlemen, &, like all good objectives, it's not necessarily the achievement but, rather, the journey that's the important part! :thumbsup: ;) ;D

it is funny that this is discussed like that :

I was personally trying to invert the curves of incoming and built kits, in order to reduce, and possibly eventually empty, my stash ;
and I realize how non-trivial that is ... because I too like the idea of having a heap of choice, and I too have a collector's mind.
So sometimes I wonder why, even  ;)

but then indeed, the objective is a balistic thing : you target higher than the straight line, to accomodate with down to earth daily gravity
[/quote]

I think I shall ponder these statements over a couple of decent glasses of Merlot  ;D :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

chrisonord

Get them done as soon as you can mate, knee pain is bad and the operation is a painful one too. I am struggling with my pain at the moment, as I should be more mobile. Having my pain meds stepped up again
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

McColm

I  think I'm right in thinking that there is some anniversary of the first Harrier jump jet celebrating 50 years since the first flight.
So a Harrier build in the many variants would be a good collection before the prices start to go up. :banghead:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: McColm on December 02, 2017, 05:13:05 AM

I  think I'm right in thinking that there is some anniversary of the first Harrier jump jet celebrating 50 years since the first flight.
So a Harrier build in the many variants would be a good collection before the prices start to go up. :banghead:

The first pukka Harrier flight was on 28/12/1967, but the P.1127 and the Kestrel both flew well before that, on 19/11/60 and 7/3/64 respectively.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Caveman

Whelp, ive just received a pair of centaurs and 4 bladed props, and a Lanc kit, and a Dremel :)

Coastal command Centaurus Manchester is my Whif of the holidays I think. (Anyone know a good source of CC decals for something Manc sized?)
secretprojects forum migrant

Spey_Phantom

lets see, for this year, aside from the Belgian Navy Martin Mariner, there will be no more builds until after newyears (well, maybe just a small one if i find the time).

but for 2018, i have a number of builds planned.

first off are a series of RAF themed builds, to commemmorate the service its centenial anniversary. these include RAF A320 CC.1 (in old RAF support command colors, a long overdue project), F-104K Starfighter F.1 (Spey engined F-104G), B-2A(UK) Spirit B.1,...

otyher build include a series of Belgian Air Force aircraft, including a pair of H135M's (Army and Navy versions), H665 Tiger-ARH (long due to start),..

other projects include an IL-86TZ Tanker (maybe even a Civilian version), Arado Ar.555 nuclear bomber, Lockheed Super Constelation, various Luft'46 & Civilian aircraft...
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

McColm

Going back to my started builds and actually finishing them.
Trying to catalogue my spare parts boxes into what I have, what part this comes from and why did I save it.
Build all my 1/24 and 1/25 vehicles, tackle at least one vacform kit.

Rheged

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 01, 2017, 05:58:59 AM
Quote from: chrisonord on December 01, 2017, 02:50:26 AM
Unless I can sort out a comfortable chair to sit at my modelling table, my modelling will be on hold for about 3 months. I have been in hospital since Tuesday morning,had my hip replacement surgery done, and now not getting better as quick as I should. So much for me bringing a load of kits down to keep me occupied....bugger!

Glad you had the op mate, hopefully the recovery rate perks up.

I have to seriously think about my knee op's in 2018  :-\

Best wishes to both of you, both after and before the event!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

chrisonord

Cheers  :thumbsup:
I am getting better by the day, hopefully when completely healed I will be able to get myself back to the fitness I had 14 years ago.
Chris. 
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

McColm

The Yak 141 Freestyle
1/72 model with 2 engines instead of 3.
Looking similar to the F-35B with dual seats .
My second build would remove the two lifting engines. Turning the Freestyle into a STOL single fighter/ ground attack or a two seater trainer.

McColm

China has redesigned the An-10/12 Cub to suit it's own needs, so I was thinking could the same alterations be incorporated in the  C-130?
The main changes seem to be a new nose and stabilizers on the tail fin. I think putting an Eeryie antenna on top of the fuselage would be interesting.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

McColm

Taking an idea from the real world and dropping a Ford Cosworth engine into a Ford Capri 1/24 or 1/25 scale.
I've seen 1/24 and 1/25 V8 engines advertised on eBay.
I've also seen someone who casts resin bodies for 1/24 or 1/25 scale cars.