What If ideas/goals for the upcoming year, what are YOUR plans?

Started by SigfanUSAF, December 31, 2012, 08:40:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McColm

Has anyone ever built a four engined C-160? It seems to me that this would be an interesting build as I could use the many varieties of the Lockheed Martin C-130 as a base. Yes the fuselage is wider than the C-130 and I'm not too sure if the fuselage could be lengthened.

I'm still determined to build an airliner version of the Airfix BAe Nimrod. I know from previous experience that the two wing fuel tanks can be created to the 4C wing.
The vertical tail fin seems to be a stumbling block unless it's scratch built. I have added cargo doors and extra windows using various paint masks.

Gondor

Quote from: McColm on May 23, 2021, 02:38:13 AM
H
I'm still determined to build an airliner version of the Airfix BAe Nimrod. I know from previous experience that the two wing fuel tanks can be created to the 4C wing.
The vertical tail fin seems to be a stumbling block unless it's scratch built. I have added cargo doors and extra windows using various paint masks.

You could always use one of these

https://www.scalemates.com/search.php?fkSECTION%5B%5D=Kits&q=De+Havilland+DH+106+Comet+1%2F72*

Save a lot of scratch building/converting parts.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Flyer

Has anyone ever built a four engined C-160? It seems to me that this would be an interesting build as I could use the many varieties of the Lockheed Martin C-130 as a base. Yes the fuselage is wider than the C-130 and I'm not too sure if the fuselage could be lengthened.

Yes, somebody on this forum did one in 1/144, using 2 kits they made a 4 engined lengthened fuselage C-160. Just cannot remember who it was or how long ago I seen it...  :banghead:
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

kitnut617

Quote from: Gondor on May 23, 2021, 08:44:24 AM
H

You could always use one of these

https://www.scalemates.com/search.php?fkSECTION%5B%5D=Kits&q=De+Havilland+DH+106+Comet+1%2F72*

Save a lot of scratch building/converting parts.

Gondor

So just buy a Comet kit, Welsh Models has a few in both 1/144 and 1/72.

http://www.welshmodels.co.uk/CLS72-25.html
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

kerick

I'm just going to try to finish SOMETHING!  I have the Seahog in process, the RF-23 recon Black Widow in the background and a few other unfinished projects that were great ideas at the time.  Plus a stack of kits for "great ideas".  We'll see what happens.....
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

The Wooksta!

I'm sticking with reality this year, with one of De Havilland's finest. The Mosquito.  There's more than enough oddities and maybes with Highball and 618 sqn to keep me busy for quite a while.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Pellson

I don't do plans anymore. I go strictly by lust. The only downside is a rather substantial need for shelf space in the non-finished section, but I'll live with that.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Pellson on May 24, 2021, 02:18:01 PM

I don't do plans anymore. I go strictly by lust. The only downside is a rather substantial need for shelf space in the non-finished section, but I'll live with that.

There speaks a Whiffing realist!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ;D ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

What a sensible chap!!!

One plan I do hope I can achieve is that you and I should be able to exchange New Year  greetings at the start of 2022
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Doug K

I'm just trying to get some finished! I've driven myself to the point of violence with a Matchbox Stranraer (of the Royal Scots Navy in 1938). The knitting process of the rigging has screwed everything up. It needs to be set aside before being destructively disassembled!

I have a P51D part built that was going to Royal Scots Airforce in 1945 but I found some emblems for the Icelandic Commonwealth (circa 900AD or so) and thought that would be fun with an Arctic camo, inspired by a recent SAM article on Coastal Command Arctic schemes - most of which were never used.

Finally and AEW Avenger, again RSAF or Navy as a supplement to the RAF Shacks operating from the leased airfield at RSAFB Kinloss....

Yeah, there is a theme.....

Pellson

Quote from: Rheged on May 25, 2021, 01:08:48 AM

What a sensible chap!!!

One plan I do hope I can achieve is that you and I should be able to exchange New Year  greetings at the start of 2022

Thank you, I would much like that too.  :wub:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Steel Penguin

build a few things, have fun doing so, hopefully recover a bit of mojo  ;)
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

scooter

Knocking together a barricade out of PVC pipe to keep SWMBO from backing her car into a tree that had fallen during one of the storms last year.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng