What If ideas/goals for the upcoming year, what are YOUR plans?

Started by SigfanUSAF, December 31, 2012, 08:40:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McColm

I would still like to build a BAC Lightning V/STOL based around the Yak-36.

McColm

Using the Revell 1/72 C-160 as the donor kit a four engined T56 turboprop version can be built, the two spare Rolls-Royce Tyne engines can be fitted to the Revell Dassaut Atlantic ATL1 as they are separate engines and not moulded on the wings. Like other kits.

Trains
With two empty rooms devoid of any furniture the temptation is to build a 'dog bone' layout in 00 gauge using the back wall. I have seen a few layouts that run above the picture rail to complete the room  or continuous circuit.
I'm thinking about building shelves to display my builds with the layout running above.

With the lack of 00gauge Harry Potter themed accessories, O or G gauge. The idea of running some track from the kitchen to the lounge,  using the flat wagons to deliver cups of tea or coffee, even snacks. Wagons could be used to carry screws, nails and tools.
There's a few parks around the Charlton area, a chance for some exploring and R/C flying.

smeds

Thinking of doing my Trumpeter 1/32 A-7D as an RAF machine. I have a 1/72 KC-97, C-97 and a B-47 to do something with.

The Wooksta!

Sticking with 50s and 60s British jet projects. Really enjoyed the last few months, haven't been energised as much for years.

Really looking forward to some of Alistair's 3d printed stuff - the P.6 and P.1103 can't come soon enough!
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: The Wooksta! on December 23, 2021, 04:01:52 PM
Sticking with 50s and 60s British jet projects. Really enjoyed the last few months, haven't been energised as much for years.

Really looking forward to some of Alistair's 3d printed stuff - the P.6 and P.1103 can't come soon enough!

You seem to be mastering the 3D Print stuff.  I'm hoping to tackle my first next year. 

As for current plans...my big What If project for next year is the new Airfix Vulcan as an early 80s Phoenix carrying Missile Truck for taking down Bears over the North Sea approaches. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Rick Lowe

If the kits arrive soon, I will be getting on with:

Herk Allison-engined Sea Fury
Ditto F4U Corsair
DB-603-engined Yak 23 Flora (thanks for the idea, Jorel)
A-4 forward fuselage on the rear of a Sukhoi-15, with (don't read this bit, Kit!) cut-down 707-style wings and fins from same - since I can't find and don't want to pay silly money for a Cutlass (again, thanks for the idea, Jorel)

finishing off:

the SAAB Tunnan that got turned into a B&V-style craft using MiG-15 wings
The Me-262 with straight wings and a single under fuselage engine pod
the MiG-15 with Me-262 engines and wings.

Cheers, all

kerick

Quote from: McColm on December 13, 2021, 12:38:28 AM

Trains
With two empty rooms devoid of any furniture the temptation is to build a 'dog bone' layout in 00 gauge using the back wall. I have seen a few layouts that run above the picture rail to complete the room  or continuous circuit.
I'm thinking about building shelves to display my builds with the layout running above.

With the lack of 00gauge Harry Potter themed accessories, O or G gauge. The idea of running some track from the kitchen to the lounge,  using the flat wagons to deliver cups of tea or coffee, even snacks. Wagons could be used to carry screws, nails and tools.
There's a few parks around the Charlton area, a chance for some exploring and R/C flying.

I think it was my father's uncle or other such relative that owned a train themed restaurant and had trains with flatcars that would deliver the order to the customer at the counter. I barely remember it as a kid so it's been quite a long time.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Spey_Phantom

first projects for 2022 will be a number of Eurocopter EC135's, i gonna get a lot of commisionbuilds for these as its slated to become our new EMS helicopter in february.

and the first new WHIF project for 2022 will be a civil airliner conversion of a Breguet Atlantic I.
but first, finish the ongoing projects that are still gathering dust on the bench....
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

zenrat

Finish the Sea Witch.  I started the rigging and then stalled.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: kerick on December 23, 2021, 10:06:28 PM
Quote from: McColm on December 13, 2021, 12:38:28 AM

Trains

I think it was my father's uncle or other such relative that owned a train themed restaurant and had trains with flatcars that would deliver the order to the customer at the counter. I barely remember it as a kid so it's been quite a long time.

I have some vague memories of having seen something like that on the t.v. It may well have been on a BBC News broadcast as the "final fun item" or similar. Long time ago though, 60's, possibly even 50's ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on December 23, 2021, 05:34:35 PM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on December 23, 2021, 04:01:52 PM

You seem to be mastering the 3D Print stuff.  I'm hoping to tackle my first next year. 

As for current plans...my big What If project for next year is the new Airfix Vulcan as an early 80s Phoenix carrying Missile Truck for taking down Bears over the North Sea approaches. 

The real key is patience.  And sanding...  The two keys are patience, sanding, and a good base kit....  The three keys are patience, sanding, a good base kit.  And resin as opposed to the older FDM printed plastic..

Sod it, I'll go out and come back in.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

The Wooksta!

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Old Wombat

Nothing specific, just build as many models as I can ..... Hopefully more than the year just on its way out.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

McColm

To build straight out of the box or to whiff instead?
Whiffery as I usually end up breaking a part on my builds.