What If ideas/goals for the upcoming year, what are YOUR plans?

Started by SigfanUSAF, December 31, 2012, 08:40:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Quote from: McColm on December 25, 2021, 12:59:06 AM
To build straight out of the box or to whiff instead?

Both, I have lots to Whif & a fair number of builds I want to do Real World, too.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on December 25, 2021, 01:30:19 AM
Quote from: McColm on December 25, 2021, 12:59:06 AM
To build straight out of the box or to whiff instead?

Both, I have lots to Whif & a fair number of builds I want to do Real World, too.

Me as well
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

DogfighterZen

Well, maybe finish 2 of 3 projects i've started in 2020 and one that was started almost 3 years ago... :banghead:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Weaver

Quote from: zenrat on December 25, 2021, 04:53:31 AM
At least one Whiffed motorbike next year.

I've looked at that a few times. There are things that are harder to change in small-scale plastic than they are in full-scale steel...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Pellson

Quote from: Weaver on December 25, 2021, 04:24:04 AM
Finish at least one build of literally anything... :rolleyes:

Oh, I can surely relate!  ;D

My target is as usual to try not to lock myself in, but rather build where my lust goes. Also when that means an ever expanding Shelf of Doom TM as I jump ships in pursuit of joy.

That said, a well-themed and motivating group build can apparently be very fun, as the recce & surveillance build this year showed.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

The Wooksta!

I've worked out how to scratch bodge a Hawker P.1089 from a Blue Steel, a Novo Hunter and a set of Su-9 wings.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Lost Cosmonauts

Quote from: The Wooksta! on December 26, 2021, 08:07:12 AM
I've worked out how to scratch bodge a Hawker P.1089 from a Blue Steel, a Novo Hunter and a set of Su-9 wings.

Remember there are some iffy truncated blue steel bodies on their way to you shortly so don't go carving up something useful
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

Lost Cosmonauts

Quote from: The Wooksta! on December 23, 2021, 04:01:52 PM
Sticking with 50s and 60s British jet projects. Really enjoyed the last few months, haven't been energised as much for years.

Really looking forward to some of Alistair's 3d printed stuff - the P.6 and P.1103 can't come soon enough!

I plan to try and keep apace with the above. Tricky and may need the services of a third printer.

Otherwise I'm itching to get my tools, stash and workbench back from storage and make some kits myself. After 11 months I can't say with any certainty what is in there so my only settled build plan when I finally unpack is to do an A&AEE raspberry ripple Saunders Roe P.187 and a Sword Lightning trainer chase plane/Airfix TSR2 pair
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

The Wooksta!

Quote from: Lost Cosmonauts on December 27, 2021, 01:35:23 PM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on December 26, 2021, 08:07:12 AM

Remember there are some iffy truncated blue steel bodies on their way to you shortly so don't go carving up something useful

Plenty of spare old tool Airfix ones kicking about in a spares box, not to mention the ten old tool Vulcans sitting in the loft.  Plus the Z.22 are a good deal smaller.

In size, the P.1089 is about the same size as a Hunter and looks like an early Mirage but a good four years earlier.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Lost Cosmonauts

If you've a mind for something daft to do with a Vulcan have you seen the drawing of one modified for VTOL with 10 central lift engines?

The Wooksta!

That's quite frankly stupid, even more so than the three nuclear armed Gnats under a Vulcan. I'll leave it for the more lunatic fringe. I like to have a toehold in practicality.

Lift engines are frankly dead weight, that use precious space for fuel, adds extra weight and thus reduces range. Thankfully, the concept largely died a death.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

PR19_Kit

The maddest must have been that GINORMOUS thing that Shorts proposed to get the EE P.17 off the ground.

That had 140 engines or something close!!!!!  :o :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

- Indiana Jones