What If ideas/goals for the upcoming year, what are YOUR plans?

Started by SigfanUSAF, December 31, 2012, 08:40:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McColm

The Convair B-58B, looks doable with drooping wingtips. Not too sure about the new glazing on the cockpit.
A reworking of the Boeing B-47E with four turboprop engines something like the
XB-55.
If you take away the fuselage of the 1/72 Revell/Monogram Convair B-36 Peacemaker you get a flying wing and if you turn them upside down you get the world's largest forward swept winged bomber, so that the engines are now on the leading edge. So all I have to do is cut the fuselage in two places and turn them until I get them the right way up before gluing the two new parts together .Just have to rejig the main landing gear.
I will be experimenting with a second-hand 00gauge train set. Designing wagons for STO aircraft plus armoured trains. Or anything that takes my fancy.

Spey_Phantom

new year, new projects, but first im gonna have to (yet again) get to finishing whats on the bench right now.

but, ive started prepwork on my next 1/72 WHIF project, a civil airliner version of the Breguet Atlantic I, last night i dived into my old notes to find the info i gathered on my last Orion/Junior Electra project. im gonna use that to print out additional stenciling for the passenger doors, cargo compartments....
as for a color scheme, i have no idea yet, but i think im gonna source decals from the Italeri Fokker F27 i have in the stash.

in 1/144, im planning a few more WW2 WHIFS and Rafale's and Tomcats among others.
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

McColm

That will be interesting to follow your Atlantic 1 civilian build.

63cpe

So, I bought a box of build second hand 1/72 models. In the pictures were some Boeing P-12's some Macchi MC 200's and Heinkel He-100's. Got it all unpacked and turns out to be 18x Boeing P-12's, 8x Heinkel He-100, 4x Fiat Cr. 42, 6x Macchi MC 200, 5 Fokker D21. It's save to say this went a little overboard. What to do with all these P-12's? An American Zveno? A German Zveno with the He-100's? A Italian Zveno with the Macchi's and a Dutch Zveno with the Fokker's?

Maybe some other suggestions as with 5 P-12 in an American Zveno there are still 13! left...

David aka 63cpe

Joe C-P

Quote from: 63cpe on January 15, 2022, 11:07:04 AM
So, I bought a box of build second hand 1/72 models. In the pictures were some Boeing P-12's some Macchi MC 200's and Heinkel He-100's. Got it all unpacked and turns out to be 18x Boeing P-12's, 8x Heinkel He-100, 4x Fiat Cr. 42, 6x Macchi MC 200, 5 Fokker D21. It's save to say this went a little overboard. What to do with all these P-12's? An American Zveno? A German Zveno with the He-100's? A Italian Zveno with the Macchi's and a Dutch Zveno with the Fokker's?

Maybe some other suggestions as with 5 P-12 in an American Zveno there are still 13! left...

David aka 63cpe

How about a carnival ride with the P-12s?
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

The Wooksta!

Just put together this year's version of The Plan, and nothing on it is altogether new.  Various part started, stalled, assembled and primed projects from the last two years, plus two hangar queens that go back decades.  All of them are British jets, although there's a pair of Sabres that could be slotted in quite easily.

That's another pair to add to the list then...

And this doesn't factor in the nice shiny new things that Alistair at Gannet is likely to tempt me with.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

63cpe

QuoteHow about a carnival ride with the P-12s?

That's actually a pretty good plan! Thanks JoeP!
David aka 63cpe

zenrat

Quote from: 63cpe on January 15, 2022, 11:07:04 AM

David aka 63cpe

Any young children in your life who would appreciate a mobile?
A boneyard diorama?
A "stop the pigeon" type contraption?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

An entire What If squadron of What If P-12's? :unsure:

Plus half-a-dozen real non-US users? :unsure:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Rick Lowe

A Grumman Ag-Cat conversion?
IIRC from when I looked at doing something similar, it's a pretty good base.

And that could start a whole slew of Crop Dusters... as long as that's a good thing, of course!  ;D

63cpe

Right the cropduster trail is also a good suggestion! Didn't think about it!
Maybe do a turboprop P-12. ( Cropduster) and one big engine, without the Townsend ring. Hey, why not a jetengined (Yak-15/23 lay-out) P-12?? The juices start bulbling here.

Thanks, David aka 63CPE

McColm

Got an idea based around the Lockheed Constellation from something PR.19 Kit once hinted at.
We know that the Constellation doesn't have a weapons bay but what if I added the lower portion of the Boeing XC-75XL?
Although it's not the same length as the Academy C-97A Stratofreighter in 1/72 scale it should fit the underside of the Heller/Airfix Connie.
I also have an idea for a turboprop version based on the SuperGuppy's engines so I don't need to cut up the original engines, just extend the spindle and change the propellers.
Something that I will be experimenting with the 1/72 Academy C-97A Stratofreighter which is now the Boeing
Waddington AEW.1.

McColm

The Rolls-Royce Nene testbed conversion set works well on the 1/72 Lancaster,  I have tried this with a Halifax kit. So in theory it should fit on one of the Avro Shackleton models.
I'm still looking at building a four engine C-160.

McColm

Another crazy idea is to take a 1/72 C-160 and convert it into an MPA with a weapons bay and a mezzanine floor in the cargo bay.
A nuclear powered airliner,  well there's been nuclear powered cargo ships and even a liner was built. So how hard can it be to whiff it?
InchMcColm is still on as a stone fortress designed to look like a frigate with a 00gauge model railway, Castle (Hogwarts Hotel) and airstrip. Which means that I get to build flying boats.

Rheged

My only  important aim is to be able to wish fellow whiffers a Happy New Year 2023.

I do have some vague ideas, involving an updated Buccaneer and a railway diorama with a Dapol harbour crane, turntable and steam engine(s) but they are a" What-if-he-gets-round-to-it"  sort of notion.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet