What If ideas/goals for the upcoming year, what are YOUR plans?

Started by SigfanUSAF, December 31, 2012, 08:40:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scooter

Quote from: Rheged on March 03, 2022, 09:26:49 AM
I do have some vague ideas, involving an updated Buccaneer and a railway diorama with a Dapol harbour crane, turntable and steam engine(s) but they are a" What-if-he-gets-round-to-it"  sort of notion.

Bucc clipping the harbor crane at low altitude and high speed? :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Rheged

Quote from: scooter on March 03, 2022, 09:33:46 AM
Quote from: Rheged on March 03, 2022, 09:26:49 AM
I do have some vague ideas, involving an updated Buccaneer; (semi colon inserted) and a railway diorama with a Dapol harbour crane, turntable and steam engine(s) but they are a" What-if-he-gets-round-to-it"  sort of notion.

Bucc clipping the harbor crane at low altitude and high speed? :wacko:

Fascinating thought, but I've missed out some punctuation.  Insert a semi colon after Buccaneer, to make this two separate  items.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Knightflyer

My plan for this year ....Well for starters, I'd just like to get this ruddy Valom Handley-Page Hampden TB.Mk.I finished that I started in July 2020  :banghead: ;D
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

Steel Penguin

same as ive said in the past.
build stuff
have fun  :thumbsup:

i have an amount of mojo again, so things are done.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Wardukw

Hmmm plans for this yr...well keep breathing is top of the list and try to stop coming up with ideas for wiffs so i can build the ideas i already have like a massively updated M88 on a Abrams chassis..a really cocked up B17 ..finish the apocalyptic heli carrier truck...a super super F18..Mig23 with a difference..tracked towed gun...resident evil based base protection vehicle...a 6x6 high speed armed scout and god knows what else my mind comes up with...so yeah not alot on for this year  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Joe C-P

Quote from: McColm on March 03, 2022, 04:09:06 AM
A nuclear powered airliner,  well there's been nuclear powered cargo ships and even a liner was built. So how hard can it be to whiff it?

The USAF did test a nuclear reactor attached to a B-36, specifically an NB-36H, and planned a nuclear powered cruise missile.  The latter would have scattered radioactive material in its wake to enhance its lethality.
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Beermonster58

For this year, I have finally started my Feachd an Adhar Poblachd na h- Alba ( Republic of Scotland Air Force) collection.
I have deliberately not used a specific timeline which, gives me a lot of flexibility in subject choices! 😉😊.
I have completed the C-27J "Spartanach" (Spartan) using the excellent 1/72 Italeri kit as the basis.
Currently in the paint shop is the Sealgair (Hunter) FGA.9
based on the 1/32 Revell kit.
That will be followed by the F/A-18E/F Adharc (Hornet) again, using the 1/32 Revell kits as the basis.
Photos to follow soon.
Just as an aside folks, this is a fun project for me and, I respectfully ask that it be viewed in that light.
I know I shouldn't have to ask that but,  when I suggest this project on other modelling sites, I recieved a fair amount of personal abuse.
People can draw what conclusions they like about my political views but, they have nothing to do with or hobby!
😊
Hates rivet counters! Eats JMNs for breakfast!

zenrat

Quote from: Beermonster58 on March 13, 2022, 04:03:01 AM
For this year, I have finally started my Feachd an Adhar Poblachd na h- Alba ( Republic of Scotland Air Force) collection.
I have deliberately not used a specific timeline which, gives me a lot of flexibility in subject choices! 😉😊.
I have completed the C-27J "Spartanach" (Spartan) using the excellent 1/72 Italeri kit as the basis.
Currently in the paint shop is the Sealgair (Hunter) FGA.9
based on the 1/32 Revell kit.
That will be followed by the F/A-18E/F Adharc (Hornet) again, using the 1/32 Revell kits as the basis.
Photos to follow soon.
Just as an aside folks, this is a fun project for me and, I respectfully ask that it be viewed in that light.
I know I shouldn't have to ask that but,  when I suggest this project on other modelling sites, I recieved a fair amount of personal abuse.
People can draw what conclusions they like about my political views but, they have nothing to do with or hobby!
😊

You don't have to ask that here.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Yeah, we don't do 'personal abuse ' here, it's just not cricket, old boy.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

'Tis called "What If ..." for a reason, we ALL build off the beaten track! ;D

Some of us have our Alternate Timelines.

I, myself, build mostly to my Royal Australian Marines ATL & zenrat builds a lot for his Peoples Democratic Republic of Victoria (& zenrat Industries) ATL.

Others don't.

No-one cares! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Scotaidh

I have a couple of Royal Scots Air Force builds in my display cabinet - so, you go!  (I'd say it in Gaelic but that I don't know any - sorry.)

I must say, I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your builds.  :)

And, to cheer you on your way, here's my builds.  Mine are all 1/72, due to "Lacka" reasons - money & display space, that is.  ;)

based on an F-16XL  (ground attack)

based on a Kfir C7 (air superiority)

a stretched Lightning F6 (air superiority role)

a chopped Lightning F6 (strike role)

I made up my own decals - printed them on paper.  I sanded the backs to thin them down, and attached them with thinned white glue and over-sprayed with Dull Cote. 
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

McColm

Thanks again to Nick I have my stash back,  it needs sorting out and what's left of my started builds to be completed. I think that I have enough spare parts and kits to build for a very long time. I had a quick look and the expression 'wow, did I really buy this? And why did I get two of these?' I found some miliput filler and plenty of clamps.

seadude

With my post-1989 USS Iowa battleship about 99.9% finished, I'm not sure what to start next.
Either:
a) Convert a 1/350 scale San Antonio class LPD-17 into a large scale NUMA oceanographic research and exploration ship.........with undersea diorama.
........or
b) Build an old 1/72 scale Testors B-2 stealth bomber kit and convert it for a theme titled "Santa's Coming by Stealth". The aircraft will be painted red and I might make a diorama with ground crew loading presents into the bomb bays.

I haven't decided yet.  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

McColm

Quote from: seadude on March 14, 2022, 07:05:18 PM
With my post-1989 USS Iowa battleship about 99.9% finished, I'm not sure what to start next.
Either:
a) Convert a 1/350 scale San Antonio class LPD-17 into a large scale NUMA oceanographic research and exploration ship.........with undersea diorama.
........or
b) Build an old 1/72 scale Testors B-2 stealth bomber kit and convert it for a theme titled "Santa's Coming by Stealth". The aircraft will be painted red and I might make a diorama with ground crew loading presents into the bomb bays.

I haven't decided yet.  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
I had the old 1/72 Testors B-2 Stealth bomber kit,  it has a few problems with gap issues around the wings and very little detailing.

McColm