What If ideas/goals for the upcoming year, what are YOUR plans?

Started by SigfanUSAF, December 31, 2012, 08:40:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Quote from: seadude on March 14, 2022, 07:05:18 PM
With my post-1989 USS Iowa battleship about 99.9% finished, I'm not sure what to start next.
Either:
a) Convert a 1/350 scale San Antonio class LPD-17 into a large scale NUMA oceanographic research and exploration ship.........with undersea diorama.
........or
b) Build an old 1/72 scale Testors B-2 stealth bomber kit and convert it for a theme titled "Santa's Coming by Stealth". The aircraft will be painted red and I might make a diorama with ground crew loading presents into the bomb bays.

I haven't decided yet.  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I vote for a).
With a 1/350 scale car being salvaged (Duesenberg, Pearce Arrow, Cord etc you know the drill...).
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

scooter

Quote from: zenrat on March 15, 2022, 03:18:54 AM
Quote from: seadude on March 14, 2022, 07:05:18 PM
With my post-1989 USS Iowa battleship about 99.9% finished, I'm not sure what to start next.
Either:
a) Convert a 1/350 scale San Antonio class LPD-17 into a large scale NUMA oceanographic research and exploration ship.........with undersea diorama.
........or
b) Build an old 1/72 scale Testors B-2 stealth bomber kit and convert it for a theme titled "Santa's Coming by Stealth". The aircraft will be painted red and I might make a diorama with ground crew loading presents into the bomb bays.

I haven't decided yet.  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I vote for a).
With a 1/350 scale car being salvaged (Duesenberg, Pearce Arrow, Cord etc you know the drill...).

Me-262, Ford Trimotor...
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

seadude

Quote from: McColm on March 15, 2022, 02:33:47 AM
I'd like to build one of these  in 1/24 scale

The plastic tote bin? Yeah, those are easy to build. I've got a few of those already.  ;D ;D ;D
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

McColm

In the boxes of stash I have found the following complete kits all in 1/72 scale ;
2 x Su-47
F-14A
Mig-29
Shorts Sunderland
EA-6B
X-32A
Me 321b
TFX F-111A/B
Kawanishi Type 97 flying boat
What looks like the Do-27 flying boat but no instructions

Almost complete but missing some parts
Airfix BAC Concorde
Airfix Rockwell B-1
Airfix  Handley Page  Victor B.Mk.2 (B.S.) glazing bits are missing but I have found a camera pod that looks as if it fits in the bomb bay..
I came across a pile of parts that could form the basis of a B-52G,  the flying wing will be recycled for this kitbash.
A kitbash using parts from Concorde and the Rockwell B-1as I have the 1/200 scale kit of the Boeing SST. Build the B-1 first and slide the Concorde fuselage on top sort of.

seadude

Most likely not going to be built until very late this year. Other than changing the main radar mast, I plan to paint the lower hull blue instead of red just like I did for my USS Wisconsin battleship model. As for other changes, I really won't know until I fully start this project later in the year. I'm still planning it out.

Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

McColm

The Wooksta!

Trying to scrape up enough enthusiasm to finish something might be a start.  The long stalled Hawker P.1121 Hurricane II had it's old decals stripped today in preparation to attempting to salvage it, so something may be stirring.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

McColm

If it's possible to use the Formaplane 1/72 ATL-98 Carvair  with the Academy Boeing C-97.

Steel Penguin

right now im living the dream  :thumbsup:  im building stuff and having fun!!
and if thats not a massive improvement on the last few years, i dont know what is  :lol:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

kerick

Quote from: Steel Penguin on June 13, 2022, 02:04:50 PM
right now im living the dream  :thumbsup:  im building stuff and having fun!!
and if thats not a massive improvement on the last few years, i dont know what is  :lol:

Good for you! What ever you are doing, keep doing it!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

McColm

The John Cooper Works  Metro Cooper looks cooler than the Metro 1300 MG. I passed my driving test in a Mini Metro.
I would need a slot car as a donor as I don't think they ever released a plastic kit for the basic model, only the Motorsport 4x4.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

McColm

PR19_Kit

Quote from: McColm on June 15, 2022, 07:00:46 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on June 14, 2022, 11:38:13 PM
Quote from: Old Wombat on June 14, 2022, 08:55:45 AM
1. Stay alive!
2. Build models!

In that order. ;)

I'll certainly settle for staying alive  ;)

Wasn't that a song by the Beegees ;D

Certainly was, one of my faves from 1978 while I was in Berlin.  :thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNFzfwLM72c
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit