My stash just grew again (2013)

Started by Army of One, December 31, 2012, 01:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolead

I live in Beckenham and that shop was able to get me 5 Airfix TSR2 when they first came out.

Robert

NARSES2

Quote from: Kerrillc on August 20, 2013, 02:03:37 PM
Yes Narses2, that is Beckenham Sports and Toys, they have brushes, paints and glue as well as some Revell kits (the ones WITH the paint!).

Thanks  :thumbsup: I'll stick my head in next time I'm in Beckenham
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Kerrillc

Popped into Bromley before work and got: an Airfix Messerschmitt G6, an A4 Skyhawk, a PRXI Spitfire, the El Alamein dogfight double and a Revell Eurofighter Typhoon.
If I am targetted by JMNs, I'm in good Company.

No, no, no! You do not die for your country, you make the other one die!

Army of One

Quote from: Thorvic on August 19, 2013, 08:16:06 AM
Quote from: Army of One on August 19, 2013, 07:33:04 AM
Yeah.....I'll do that....got a few positive replies re a question I posed....I was surprised the GR3 came with Sea Eagle but no BL755's which is what I'd have prefered...got 4 Matra rocket pods and two tanks an two sidewinders (Falklands fit) but I'd have liked a centre line pylon and a BL755 or two.....

Because the GR3 used sprues from the Sea Harrier - I think it was the winders so the Sea Eagles are surplus as SHAR only. BTW Check the Matra's as i have a feeling they are the Naval 3 row launchers used becuase the SNEBs could be triggered by the ships electronics in the Falklands.

Geoff....the rocket pods are three rows....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Leading Observer

From Hannants 1/72 PM Models F-16C, IAI Nesher and SeaFury T.20 and AZ Pirate
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

PR19_Kit

From one of Mrs_PR19's umpteen charity shops that she helps out at :-

Italeri B-57G Canberra (no decals or instructions)

Heller Fiesler Storch ( already badly started)

But they were free....  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

from Hannants:

2 x 1/72nd PM Sukhoi "Su-21F" (late Su-15 single-seater).
2 x 1/72nd PM Sukhoi "Su-21G" (late Su-15 two-seater).
1 x Eduard canopy mask for 1/72nd Grumman Panther
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Howard of Effingham

yesterday.....

1/72 HC-130J hercules with US Coast Guard and USMC decal options. italeri have thoughtfully molded this in white styrene but have [minor typo] printed the right letters for the unit designation in the wrong order.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Captain Canada

Snagged an Airfix Sunderland to go along with the Italeri one I purchased last week......figure a Merlin engine bird might look neat !

:tornado:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

McColm

Ultra fine razor saw
1/72
Airfix F-117A
Revell Jaguar complete kit and a Heller Jaguar without a canopy .

1/25
AMT display case trailer and 1958 Impala Coupe
Revell Beatnik Badit II created by Ed North in 1961,joystick replaced the steering wheel.

The Wooksta!

From Uncle Frank and purely on spec because I liked the look of it:

Amodel Hawker Osprey.

Now I just need a Hawker Nimrod to go with it and I should have everything for my HMS Oceanic collection.

I'm actually liking the idea of a Sea Hurricane 1930s style in silver.  May use the new Airfix kit for that when it comes out.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Today from HobbyCraft after managing not to succumb to this kit sitting in the display there

1 x 1/72 Revell B-17 (will be real world, probably 100 Group RAF, I already have the Paragon Conversion set)

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Won another Airfix DC9 from eBay.  :thumbsup:

Not got it yet of course, and there's a few more coming due on Sunday.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

pyro-manic

Quote from: The Wooksta! on August 24, 2013, 12:35:28 PM
I'm actually liking the idea of a Sea Hurricane 1930s style in silver.  May use the new Airfix kit for that when it comes out.

I like the sound of that.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

The Wooksta!

It'd have to have the two blade prop though.

Actually, I've got a built one somewhere - the old Airfix mk I with the Magna fabric wing and it never did get any paint on it.  Hmm - wonder if I can graft on an arrestor hook?

Would look nice with the yellow band for HMS Glorious.

Edit:  Fount it, looking a bit dusty.  Rather than go for the recessed hook, I think taking off the ventral strake and attaching it like the hook on the Hawker Nimrod would look better.  It would also make it look much earlier than the real Sea Hurricane.  And renaming it the Tempest would fir the naval theme a lot better too.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic