My stash just grew again (2013)

Started by Army of One, December 31, 2012, 01:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Army of One

Today from MZ.....revell 1/72 Typhoon two seater starter kit for £4.19....so I got all three left.... Last day is Thursday.....be a sad day.....the staff were really great....Max, my 4yr old really liked them....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

strilekawk

Got 2 M1008  Chevy pickup trucks and 1 M1009 Chevy Blazer from P&J Productions. Resin kits in 1/72 scale, really nice castings, these sre going to look good on the flight line.

scooter

Quote from: strilekawk on August 27, 2013, 03:31:29 PM
Got 2 M1008  Chevy pickup trucks and 1 M1009 Chevy Blazer from P&J Productions. Resin kits in 1/72 scale, really nice castings, these sre going to look good on the flight line.

Are they modern CUCV 4s or vintage 80s?
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Howard of Effingham

bought myself a.....

1/72 revell P-47M thunderbolt

and very nice it looks too.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Captain Canada

Alliance Models 350 scale 22mm Oerlikons. Beauty !
Airfix 72nd scale Boomerang.

:drink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Counting the one and a half DC9 kits I've already got (one has no engines or wheels....) after my recent eBay trawling spree I've now got SEVEN of the little blighters!  :o

I have plans for four of them, an RW DC9-21 and -41 and a Whiffed high capacity version, but I also have 27 DC9 decal sheets!

This doesn't count the four MD-80s, the singleton MD-87 and MD-90 in the same pile......
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Counting the one and a half DC9 kits I've already got (one has no engines or wheels....) after my recent eBay trawling spree I've now got SEVEN of the little blighters! 

Kit, might I respestfully offer:-

Off the  wall  suggestion.   The half  DC9  as an item in the fire-fighter training area.  No u/c is no problem.....use a stack of  concrete railway sleepers to hold it up.You could even give it shorter wings to confound regular readers

Very slightly more sensible suggestion.  Two OVERWING engines a la VFW614. Use any podded  engines you have spare

Ordinary boring suggestion.  Have any of the whiffers here assembled got a spare pair of  P&W JT8D's and appropriate wheels that they could offer.

............and  which  one will have the extended wing option?
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Gondor

Received from ebay today,

1 x 1/144 Revel BAe 146 TNT Probably going to be a Military side loader freighter, but that may change

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on August 29, 2013, 09:11:38 AM
Off the  wall  suggestion.   The half  DC9  as an item in the fire-fighter training area.  No u/c is no problem.....use a stack of  concrete railway sleepers to hold it up.You could even give it shorter wings to confound regular readers

Very slightly more sensible suggestion.  Two OVERWING engines a la VFW614. Use any podded  engines you have spare

Ordinary boring suggestion.  Have any of the whiffers here assembled got a spare pair of  P&W JT8D's and appropriate wheels that they could offer.

............and  which  one will have the extended wing option?

Hehe, I already have plans for the one and a half DC9 kits, and they don't include any more engines or wheels. It won't be lost on you that I'll have four wings to play with......... ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 29, 2013, 11:03:50 AM
Hehe, I already have plans for the one and a half DC9 kits, and they don't include any more engines or wheels. It won't be lost on you that I'll have four wings to play with......... ;)

Hurrah! A DC-9 biplane!!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

martinbayer

Quote from: kitbasher on August 29, 2013, 12:24:59 PM

Hurrah! A DC-9 biplane!!

Or a passenger X-Wing ;)

Martin
Would be marching to the beat of his own drum, if he didn't detest marching to any drumbeat at all so much.

PR19_Kit

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Possibly a stretched DC9, with longer wings and a  canard nose? Whatever  it turns out to be, I'm  sure that it will be a considerable flight of  imagination.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Gondor

I guess tandem wings or an extension to the existing wings, probably wrong of course.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....