My stash just grew again (2013)

Started by Army of One, December 31, 2012, 01:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green Dragon

Me too! Only two other kits there, old tool GR.3 Harrier and old tool gnat. Assistant said they might be getting more in for Christmas and the 109 had only been in for about a week.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Leading Observer

From Ebay: 1/72 Italeri Phantom F-4S, Hooby Craft CF-100,Fujumi F7U-3 Cutlass, Trumpeter Harbin H-5 and RS Models Heinkel He-280 V2
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

darthspud

too old for a paper round, too young for me pensions, dammit, back to work then!

PR19_Kit

Could be, it's the Matchbox kit under the Revell label and not really a patch on the more recent Airfix PR9, but then that one is a lot more expensive.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Captain Canada on September 27, 2013, 04:42:06 AM
But the box art is pretty cool !

:wub:

It is, MUCH better than when M'box did it, but then Revell always look good with their box art to my mind.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Librarian

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 27, 2013, 05:59:33 AM
Quote from: Captain Canada on September 27, 2013, 04:42:06 AM
But the box art is pretty cool !

:wub:

It is, MUCH better than when M'box did it, but then Revell always look good with their box art to my mind.

I'd say both boxes are superb renditions of aviation art within their own times. It's amusing that while we have become more mired in modern art, super realistic art within the aviation (and military) art markets is becoming more prevalent.

I love the two Lightnings peeling away behind :thumbsup:.

Captain Canada

From my LHS :

Airfix 72nd scale F-51D Mustang
Airfix 72nd scale Lancaster B.II

Airfix 48th scale BAe Harrier GR.3. Disappointed with this one....all excited thinking it was a new tool inline with their lovely 72nd scale stuff. Oh well...on the shelf with the rest of ya !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Daryl J.

Airfix 1:48 Javelin x 2.  Preordered as they are yet to arrive Stateside and I can wait a few weeks.   A great kit for the price judging from the sprue pix now online.  :thumbsup:

Army of One

Quote from: Captain Canada on September 27, 2013, 11:54:38 AM

Airfix 48th scale BAe Harrier GR.3. Disappointed with this one....all excited thinking it was a new tool inline with their lovely 72nd scale stuff. Oh well...on the shelf with the rest of ya !

:thumbsup:

Cap'n C......that boxing come sea eagles.....??
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Captain Canada

Yessir it did.....you be needing some ? And I forgot to mention above...I guess I'll just have to wait for the 72nd scale GR.3 to be happy.....GReat !

:tornado:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Librarian on September 27, 2013, 07:10:32 AM
I love the two Lightnings peeling away behind :thumbsup:.

They're probably struggling to stay with the PR9 in the turn at that altitude.  ;D :lol:

Regards
Kit

Spey_Phantom

i was over at the memberday of the Belgian Modeling forum and bought a few raffle tickets.
i was lucky enough to win something  ;D

prize: KP 1/72 Aero A.100
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Weaver

From F&S Models in Droylesden:

1/48th Tamiya Volkswagen Type 82E staff car (VW Beetle)
Revell 1/100th Apollo Lunar Module
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones