My stash just grew again (2013)

Started by Army of One, December 31, 2012, 01:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

From ebay:

Fujimi Spitfire F.XIVe "Air Race"

Tempted to use a set of those air race markings on an Airfix Spitfire F22. They definitely appeared on a XVIe at some point, although I think they're more modern warbird.  Although then again...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Spey_Phantom

went into town this afternoon, and managed to find a nice revell 1/144 Dornier Do X on sale  ;D
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

pyro-manic

Quote from: The Wooksta! on October 04, 2013, 11:50:15 AM
From ebay:

Tempted to use a set of those air race markings on an Airfix Spitfire F22. They definitely appeared on a XVIe at some point, although I think they're more modern warbird.  Although then again...

Spiteful? Attacker? Or a Fury/Tempest...
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

lancer

From the Midlands Air museum shop this afternoon, both 1/72

ICM Soviet air to air missile kit - destined for a rubber bath when I get my resin production facilities going again

Hasegawa J7W1 Shinden
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Green Dragon

Latest arrivals are a Minicraft Pan Am Stratocruiser and a Revell 1/72nd MiG 1.44.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Daryl J.

GWH MiG-29 9-12 late.  1/2 price.      :thumbsup:

Strange thing about that kit:   Another website has over 153,000 views on a thread regarding this kit series.   # of online completions I can find?  2.  2????? 2.   Both very well done, but 2???

NARSES2

Quote from: Daryl J. on October 06, 2013, 09:42:28 PM

Strange thing about that kit:   Another website has over 153,000 views on a thread regarding this kit series.   # of online completions I can find?  2.  2????? 2.   Both very well done, but 2???

Yup, way of the world now. I think there's a lot of "virtual modellers" around. Mind you I spent 2 or 3 years perusing the magazines before I got back into cutting plastic so can't say to much.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Quote from: pyro-manic on October 05, 2013, 11:32:46 AM
From ebay:

No, definitely an F22.  It's underway now...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Green Dragon

Airfix DC-9 and a Trumpy 1/48th J-7B today.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.

Captain Canada

Quote from: Green Dragon on October 03, 2013, 03:42:53 PM
5 x Italeri 1/72nd Hawk T.1 (still sealed) + xtradecal sheet

I'm after my LHS to get me a pile of these. At less than $10 for the old mks. and $12 for the 102A ( or whatever they are  :thumbsup: ) You can't go wrong ! I'd like to do a pile of RCAF and RN types through the training ages....

:tornado:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitbasher

Quote from: The Wooksta! on October 07, 2013, 08:21:22 AM
From ebay:

Tempted to use a set of those air race markings on an Airfix Spitfire F22. They definitely appeared on a XVIe at some point, although I think they're more modern warbird.  Although then again...

No, definitely an F22.  It's underway now...

And why not?  It'll be as close to reality in as many respects as the Fujimi F.14 that was sold in those colours, and closer than the recent(ish) adoption of the scheme by a restored LF.XVI.  Given that I can think of at least 2 F.22s that really did wear air race schemes then this seems a no brainer.

Also popped into LHS today for a little something I have only 31 days to build!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

kitnut617

Quote from: kitbasher on October 08, 2013, 07:00:00 AM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on October 07, 2013, 08:21:22 AM
From ebay:

Tempted to use a set of those air race markings on an Airfix Spitfire F22. They definitely appeared on a XVIe at some point, although I think they're more modern warbird.  Although then again...

No, definitely an F22.  It's underway now...

And why not?  It'll be as close to reality in as many respects as the Fujimi F.14 that was sold in those colours, and closer than the recent(ish) adoption of the scheme by a restored LF.XVI.  Given that I can think of at least 2 F.22s that really did wear air race schemes then this seems a no brainer.

Also popped into LHS today for a little something I have only 31 days to build!

The Airfix F.22 has a racing scheme as an option
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Captain Canada

From my LHS a Sword Harrier T.mk2/2A

...and I blame you guys for bringing up the discussion on 2-seat Harrier kits ! Thanks  :thumbsup:

Actually, I had bought the Naval variant first, but had planned on buying three so I could do the GR.3 and the A as well.

:tornado:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Green Dragon

Zvezda's Mil Mi24A arrived today, will prob be real World Algerian. Will use my 3 Hasegawa A's for whiffs now, may do the one from the Black Lagoon Anime in a Dogfight Double with the Black Lagoon MTB.

Paul Harrison

On the bench.

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<