My stash just grew again (2013)

Started by Army of One, December 31, 2012, 01:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

The only injection two seaters I know of are the old M&E fuselage (separate tail fin) which is very thick, the Brigade one (intended for the Italeri IX but will take an Airfix IX wing) which is better but still thick and the abominably bad Lotnia kit of the Russian Spitfire UTI (it's an abysmal and very likely unbuildable copy of the Matchbox IX).
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Captain Canada

From my LHS :
Old Airfix Puma
New Airfix Typhoon

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

My birthday yesterday and for once I got kits.
The PDRV seaplane flotilla will be growing with Airfix Ar 196 & Swordfish (new mould - first "new" Airfix i've got my hands on.  i'm impressed) and I also got the Bandai 1/1000 Space Battleship Yamato (Mrs Z considered $400 for the 1/350 kit was a bit steep).
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

deathjester

Quote from: The Wooksta! on December 09, 2013, 12:12:26 PM
The only injection two seaters I know of are the old M&E fuselage (separate tail fin) which is very thick, the Brigade one (intended for the Italeri IX but will take an Airfix IX wing) which is better but still thick and the abominably bad Lotnia kit of the Russian Spitfire UTI (it's an abysmal and very likely unbuildable copy of the Matchbox IX).

Aha! - It sounds like the M&E one - sure it has no tail / rudder...

The Wooksta!

No tail fin?  Probably M&E.  I'd have to see it to be sure.  I have quite a few obtained over the last 2-3 years.

I've never seen an M&E one built up, although I was given one part started.  IIRC, it's geared to take the Matchbox IX wing but TBH, the plastic is soooooo thick, I think you'd get it to fit almost any wing with judicious surgery and sanding, although I'd go with an Airfix IX, because that gives you everything else.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

deathjester

Nice one - I'll see if I can find one, cheers!!

PR19_Kit

BIG bottle of Humbrol enamel thinners (Airbrushing gets through the small ones like water!) and a lovely 10 piece file set from my LHS (20 miles away....) I think they got the price wrong on the file set as the 10 piece, 6 piece and 3 piece sets were all the same price, £6.00.  :thumbsup: :cheers: :party:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Quote from: deathjester on December 10, 2013, 02:19:30 AM
Nice one - I'll see if I can find one, cheers!!

I mean the current ie 2009 tooling.  Not ye olde one, which is worthless.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

deathjester

Ah, well done that man!  I was going to get the old one!

McColm

In part payment of French Polishing a dining table:1/72 Academy Lockheed SR-71A Blackbird and T. X/Y-35 Flying wing ..
Revel Tradewind ,scale not sure

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Captain Canada

Love to see that old Tradewind kit out again...lots of potential, and super cool props for all sorts of 144th scale projects !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Mossie

Emhar 1/72 A7V.

Completes my collection of Emhar WWI tank kits and adds further to my current Great War fetish.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Dizzyfugu

A set of 1:72 CF-188 Low-viz decals (Leading Edge), stashed away for an in-service CF-105 Arrow in a wraparound cammo scheme. Somewhere in the far future...  :rolleyes:

kitnut617

Had to take the wife to the Red Deer hospital for some tests yesterday, while kicking my heels I went to an LMS nearby.  I got an Airfix Chipmunk and an Italeri combo kit, Wessex UH.5 & Sea Harrier FRS.1 (Falklands), both on sale, Chipmunk C$6 and combo C$17.  Plus two rattle cans of Testors Gloss White ---
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike