My stash just grew again (2013)

Started by Army of One, December 31, 2012, 01:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin H

From Model hobbies
One Italeri Sikorsky MH-53E Sea Dragon.

I already had one in the stash, but had been after a 2nd for a while. But not at any price! this one was rather affordable.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

pyro-manic

Via a trade on Britmodeller, one Airfix Canadiar Sabre F.4. Not sure what I'll do with it yet, but the big sharkmouth will definitely be used soon. :wacko:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

McColm

From ModelZone Croydon;
1/72 Airfix Westland Sea King AEW.Mk2/ASaC.Mk2
Revell military paint set
Tamiya Finishing Abrasives, two sets: P400, P600, P1000, P1200, P1500, P2000

And a copy of Peco Setrack oo/Ho plannbook third edition

The Wooksta!

Off ebay:

AZ Spitfire LF16e "Post War RAuxAF"
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

Monogram Twin Mustang from ebay arrived today.  ;D

The current ones are moulded in a matt grey, now I've got black ones, slver ones and grey ones! I'll need a couple of the new Airfix P-51s for the engines as I HATE the look of those G model Allisons in the kit, unless perhaps Colin does something in resin that would suit????
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 14, 2013, 01:25:52 PM
Monogram Twin Mustang from ebay arrived today.  ;D

The current ones are moulded in a matt grey, now I've got black ones, slver ones and grey ones! I'll need a couple of the new Airfix P-51s for the engines as I HATE the look of those G model Allisons in the kit, unless perhaps Colin does something in resin that would suit????

Kit, it you can find a Modelcraft boxing of the 1/72 Twin Mustang, you'll find it has a pair of propellers that turn in the same direction. Of course they're wrong for the model as the rest of it is identical to the Revell/Monogram kit which is supposed to be a F-82G.  I was going to use it to make an P-82B (or was that the C --)
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

The Wooksta!

Have a word with Martin.  He has some better resin engines.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Wooksta! on February 14, 2013, 03:03:11 PM
Have a word with Martin.  He has some better resin engines.

So he has! I'd forgotten that and I may even have a couple of them somewhere already. Thanks for reminding me Lee.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

A 1:100 AlizĂ© from Heller. Already have an idea for it to make it a 1:72 COIN aircraft...  ;D

PR19_Kit

During a normal shopping expedition I dropped into what passes for a 'model shop' in these parts. (The Loft in my house has around TEN times the stock in his stock room!) There on the wall were a few Airfix Vampire T11 gift sets and as he hadn't got the standard version one of them is now mine.

What a cracking little kit it is too, even if the starter version is in RNZAF markings. A T11 was the first jet I ever flew in so mine will be a pukka RAF scheme if I can find any photos of 'my' Vampire.

Even better was finidng one of the PO's red parcel tickets through the door when we got back, even more fun tomorrow.  ;D

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Apparently there's plenty of air forces that flew Vampire single seaters but didn't get the T11 - Canada and Italy, for example.  The inverse is true also - Burma and Ireland got trainers but not single seaters.  Some obvious whiffs in there.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Leading Observer

LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

Aircav

All the way from the Ukraine, a AN602 Tsar Bomb plus a Valom Polikarpov TIS(A) off ebay.  ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Aircav on February 15, 2013, 02:20:59 PM
All the way from the Ukraine, a AN602 Tsar Bomb ....... ;D

You're going to need something BIG to carry that!  :o

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Scrolling back a few pages I see that I haven't purchased a kit since the 16th of January...that's almost a whole month ! No wonder I've got this itchy rash. Gonna rectify this problem tomorrow, regardless if my LHS has anything that I want !

:banghead: :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?