My stash just grew again (2013)

Started by Army of One, December 31, 2012, 01:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcf

1/35th Riich Model Skoda Radschlepper Öst Type 175,
not one of Ferdinand Porsche's highpoints.
;D

No, it will not be built 'real - world'.  ;)

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kitbasher on April 14, 2013, 11:56:08 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 13, 2013, 01:51:25 PM
Hehehe, not even a Meteor of ANY sort.......  ;)

I suspect you're leaving the canopy off, claiming it's 1/144 and finishing it off as a retro 1950's British Aerospace ATP/Jetstream 61!

I suppose that could be a possibility, but it's NOWHERE near what I have in mind.  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Mr.Creak

From Ebay:
All for my South American wargames campaign (at various points in its history).

Aero C-3A - not sure yet what it's going to be.
M48 tank - possibly to become a Sgt. York-ish type air defence vehicle.
Boeing P-12E - by mistake! I kept wondering why this particular kit was a biplane when I knew for a fact that the P-26 (which I actually wanted) was a monoplane. C'est la guerre, at least it's an interwar fighter. Maybe to become a sesquiplane.
Fokker Friendship - want to turn the F27 into an "E27", lots of aerials, bumps and "cheek pads". And, possibly, an Erieye radar (especially if I don't win the DH Heron, which was my original choice for an Erieye aircraft).
Meteor NF. 11/12/14 -wings to be chopped, engines mounted directly on the fuselage sides and wings put back together again, because I ALWAYS fail to win the CF-100 I'm after, as a former-fighter-assigned-to-close-air-support aircraft. "Poor man's A-10".
What if... I had a brain?

Howard of Effingham

from mr models in birmingham on saturday....

italeri 1/72 modern US carrier deck
airfix  1/72 DH vampire [the boxing with the RNZAF markings]
airfix 1/72 shorts tucano
Keeper of George the Cat.

McColm

Off eBay,
1/72 BAe Hawk 200 single seater. I thought of a dual seater, with in-flight refuel probe, carrying Harpoon missiles.
Corgi Major Chubb Fire Engine 'Airport crash truck'. Diecast, better condition than the one I'm going to convert into a Scud carrier.
Got a sailing boat in a job lot or three Revell kits.

lancer

From the REME museum show yesterday

Airfix new tool Typhoon 1b. It lives up to what's been said about it. It's gorgeous!! 

The re-released Airfix MiG 29. the new decal/Transfer set is seriously gorgeous....Polish and Czech AF. Incidentally, the markings for the Czech machine are fro the same squadron the attended the 1994 Tiger meet at the Fairford show. I lined up for an hour to get a sit in the cockpit and a squadron badge.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

The Wooksta!

Won on ebay:

Ventura Spitfire HFVII

CMR Seafire FR47
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

jcf

Quote from: Mr.Creak on April 14, 2013, 02:12:59 PM
From Ebay:
Boeing P-12E - by mistake! I kept wondering why this particular kit was a biplane when I knew for a fact that the P-26 (which I actually wanted) was a monoplane. C'est la guerre, at least it's an interwar fighter. Maybe to become a sesquiplane.

... or a parasol monoplane along the lines of the Boeing Model 202 and 205 (XP-15 and XF5B-1).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_XP-15

... or even shoulder mounted like the Model 96 (XP-9).

martinbayer

Quote from: McColm on April 15, 2013, 10:37:37 AM
Off eBay,
1/72 BAe Hawk 200 single seater. I thought of a dual seater, with in-flight refuel probe, carrying Harpoon missiles.
I might well be missing something, but wouldn't be a regular Hawk trainer kit (from Airfix, Matchbox or Fujimi) be an easier point of departure for that route, especially since single seaters (presumably of the former Matchbox breed) are the much rarer variety?

Martin
Would be marching to the beat of his own drum, if he didn't detest marching to any drumbeat at all so much.

Radish

From Stafford Hobbycraft on the way to last week's IPMS Stafford meeting....

Some cake-icing nozzles and cutters...great for sc-fi nozzles.

Revell 1/72nd Canberra PR.9 :wub:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

NARSES2

Quote from: martinbayer on April 15, 2013, 10:22:02 PM
Quote from: McColm on April 15, 2013, 10:37:37 AM
Off eBay,
I might well be missing something, but wouldn't be a regular Hawk trainer kit (from Airfix, Matchbox or Fujimi) be an easier point of departure for that route, especially since single seaters (presumably of the former Matchbox breed) are the much rarer variety?

Martin

Have to agree there
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on April 15, 2013, 05:06:52 PM
... or a parasol monoplane along the lines of the Boeing Model 202 and 205 (XP-15 and XF5B-1).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_XP-15

Great pic Jon, thanks for posting. Why do I see that as a parasol mounted Airship fighter ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 16, 2013, 07:30:52 AM

Great pic Jon, thanks for posting. Why do I see that as a parasol mounted Airship fighter ?

Because it looks like a big Sparrowhawk perhaps?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Radish

1/72nd.....Pegasus Hobbies Apollo 27....it'll be a 1/144th rocket
               2 x Revell Canberra PR 9....one USAF, the other Luftwaffe??

1/48th....2 x Hobbyboss P-40M.....one RAF...PR Blue or Pink?? The other French :thumbsup:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Spey_Phantom

just placed a new order for a few new kits  :mellow:

for the WW3 storyline:

-Revell 1/144 Su-47 Berkut
-Revell 1/72 Mig-1.44
-Trumpeter 1/144 YF-23 (can never have enough of those)
-Trumpeter 1/144 J-20
-Academy 1/144 MIG-29 (for 5th Gen Conversion)

and futhermore:

-Academy 1/72 OV-10A Bronco (to become 99+18, RW bronco demo team)
-Italeri 1/72 Dakota Mk.III (to become Khemed airways DC-3 KH-OZD, from TinTin album "Black Sea Sharks", same album as the Mosquito is featured in)
-3 sheets of Clear Inkjet Decal paper
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.