My stash just grew again (2013)

Started by Army of One, December 31, 2012, 01:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Quote from: Martin H on April 21, 2013, 09:49:15 AM
Meikraft Vought F6U-1 Pirate.

Radish must be distorting my reality - I read that as "Meerkat Vought F6U-1 Pirate" the first time....... :o
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Nick

I was rather restrained today with only two kits bought. One was the Zvezda Sukhoi T-50 in 1/72 for just £5 ;D

On the way into the show I stopped at the IPMS UK stand and had a chat about the Eurofighter on display, the guy said he was building the 1/72 Hasegawa Eurofighter and it was pretty good with possibly a too narrow cockpit section. They sell for £40 in most shops.
Upstairs in the show I saw one for £20  :thumbsup:. It includes a flying stand and Hasegawa Weapons Set 11 which includes Brimstone, Taurus, Aim-120, ASRAAM, IRIS-T, Meteor, ALARM and Storm Shadows. ;D

Daryl J.

lancer

Italeri boxing of the Northrop F23 from Kit at the MK show.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Army of One

Quite restrained from MK show today really, all 1/72.....Airfix Sea Knight, Italeri Hawk 100. Also in 1/35 Miniart american tank crew 'in close combat'....and in 1/700 a Dragon US marines amphibious force....coulda spent more but to be honest was surprised at what I would call the greed of some of the traders and their prices....do they bring boxes models to display or sell....I heard a few people moaning re prices....that's not saying there were some bargains to be had.....Nick got a great one with his Hase typhoon....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

deathjester

Some of the prices were a bit steep, weren't they! 

Army of One

They were....! I missed a bargain on your stall of the 1/35 guns...the air cooled .50 pack for £2.....shoulda got it when I saw it...... :banghead:......I almost argued with a chap that had two bins full of decal scraps.....picked out a couple of sheets of bits....£5 he wanted....poke it I muttered as I walked away....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

deathjester

OMG!!  It was cheaper to buy brand new sets  :o :o

Gondor

Quote from: Nick on April 21, 2013, 11:21:33 AM
Hasegawa Weapons Set 11 which includes Brimstone, Taurus, Aim-120, ASRAAM, IRIS-T, Meteor, ALARM and Storm Shadows.

Have I missed something somewhere?  :blink:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Nick

Quote from: Gondor on April 21, 2013, 03:30:39 PM
Have I missed something somewhere?  :blink:

Gondor

Opened the Hasegawa Eurofighter box for a closer look and actually read the labels on the sprues....

Aircraft Weapons Set X = Taurus, Storm Shadow, Brimstone.
Aircraft Weapons Set XI = AIM-120 AMRAAM, Meteor, Alarm, ASRAAM, IRIS-T.

This kit actually includes 2 Hasegawa Weapons Sets, NATO Air to Ground and NATO Air to Air! :thumbsup: You get 2 sprues of each one and the box is very tightly packed because of this. I expect later releases to have just the basic aircraft and nothing else.

Howard of Effingham

from milton keynes yesterday.....

2 matchbox F-101 voodoo's [for just £6 each!!!!]
matchbox Piston Provost
hasegawa T-37C tweety-bird [actually its an A-37B but the instructions give you the gouge to make it look   
                                         more like a T-37C]
fujimi TA-4F/J skyhawk

some decal sheets and paint, and a couple more of freightdog's A-4C/L resin conversions.

an excellent show and great turn-out of chaps from the SIG.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Spey_Phantom

Quote from: Nils on April 17, 2013, 01:41:39 PM
just placed a new order for a few new kits  :mellow:

for the WW3 storyline:

-Revell 1/144 Su-47 Berkut
-Revell 1/72 Mig-1.44
-Trumpeter 1/144 YF-23 (can never have enough of those)
-Trumpeter 1/144 J-20
-Academy 1/144 MIG-29 (for 5th Gen Conversion)

and futhermore:

-Academy 1/72 OV-10A Bronco (to become 99+18, RW bronco demo team)
-Italeri 1/72 Dakota Mk.III (to become Khemed airways DC-3 KH-OZD, from TinTin album "Black Sea Sharks", same album as the Mosquito is featured in)
-3 sheets of Clear Inkjet Decal paper

arrived today  ;D
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

McColm

Just bought on line the Revel 1/200 Boeing SST supersonic clipper special edition
On eBay 1/72 Matchbox SA 365N Aerospatiale Dauphin 2
             1/72 Matachbox Bell OH-58D Aeroscout  I've got the all clear plastic fuselage for the JetRanger in my stash.

From MZ in Croydon 1/76 Airfix Forward Command Post A03381, base not include in kit and the Revell 1/72 NATO Pilots (D/GB/USA) modern 02402.

NARSES2

From a Polish trader via E-Bay and cheaper delived then the BIG H delivered by a couple of squidlies  :thumbsup:

RS Models 1/72 Doflug 3802/3803. This is the ultimate Swiss development of the Ms 406. They include a resin spine so you can convert the basic kit to the final "bubble top" version. This will be French AF final version of the Ms 406 built by their plants in Tunisa as they continue the fight from their colonies.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Martin H

Quote from: Army of One on April 21, 2013, 01:48:41 PM
Nick got a great one with his Hase typhoon....

Ah yes the kit you insisted on performing a stop and search on lol

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.