My stash just grew again (2013)

Started by Army of One, December 31, 2012, 01:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

From the Hereford Model Centre today,  on a 'spur of the moment' trip for myself and Mrs_PR19 :-

1) Humbrol Acrlic Spray Satin Black

2) Humbrol acrylic Dark Earth and Dark Green (I'm planning on doimg my first all acrylic paint job soon)

3) Trumpeter RA5-C Vigilante (no idea why, it just seemed a good idea at the time, the price was right and it looks to be a magnificent moulding  :banghead:)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Mr.Creak

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 10, 2013, 01:01:38 PMno idea why, it just seemed a good idea at the time, the price was right and it looks to be a magnificent moulding
Well that's three reasons why right there!
Any one of which would have been entirely valid on its own.
What if... I had a brain?

lancer

QuoteTrumpeter RA5-C Vigilante (no idea why, it just seemed a good idea at the time, the price was right and it looks to be a magnificent moulding

It is Kit. I've got one in the stash.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

PR19_Kit

Nice to know it's as good as I think. I've got an Airfix ad a Frog one already, I used parts of an Airfix one on my BAe Barracuda S3 (see here http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=2277) but the Trumpeter kit knocks spots off both of them.

Is it just wishfull thinking on my part or does it really look as if they plan to do the 'slimline' A5-A at some time? The sprue parts tion look as if that's a possibility to me.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

I forgot that I had another 'new arrival' as well today.

Nick sent me his Airwaves BAe Hawk T1 etched fret after the PayPal/GPO business and it's great too, lovely job. Thanks Nick.  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

Army of One

A quantity of glues/thinners/varnishes at 50% off from my local MZ....told by staff that models will be reduced again very soon......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

The Wooksta!

From ebay:

Sword Spitfire LFIXe International boxing

Nice South African machine on the cover.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Kerrillc

Revell F-16 (Belgian markings); Revell B57, Revell Macchi G200; an Airfix A4, DH Vampire (2 seater, NO PAINTS SUPPLIED! So non gift sets are out there); and another Gloster Gladiator.
If I am targetted by JMNs, I'm in good Company.

No, no, no! You do not die for your country, you make the other one die!

Howard of Effingham

managed to get a bit lost after a visit to northamptonshire county cricket ground on wednesday afternoon, however i cheered up a bit when i found a place called 'the model shop' on the wellingborough road.

one RoG eurocopter tiger helo duly liberated!  ;D

also from the stoke on trent show [which i wasn't supposed to go to but did anyway]

esci F-15 eagle with ASAT missile
PP aeroparts eb/wm and resin set for the jaguar
several decal sheets
fujimi A-6E
fujimi KA-6D

Keeper of George the Cat.

McColm

Managed to get hold of another Revell 1/72 Br1150 Atlantic second hand kit.

NARSES2

2 new DP Casper "Campaign" Transfer Sheets  :wub:

Fall Grun Sept - Oct 38 http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/DPC72020

Ironclad - May 1942 http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/DPC72022
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

darthspud

Don't tell swmbo, but the stash will grow tomorrow at Yeovilton.

It'd be rude not to, as the best dealer at the show has the pitch next to ours!
too old for a paper round, too young for me pensions, dammit, back to work then!

scooter

From Amazon-
1/78 Fairey Rotodyne.  Mainly to snap the seats up out of, but might also turn it into a COD for the Republikmarine
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Ed S

Just got 1/72 Savoia Marchetti S55 from a friend foa good price. This is the twin hull Italian flying boat from the 20's-30's. No need to WHIFF this one. It's really odd looking and unusual on it's own.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

PR19_Kit

Nice one Ed!  :thumbsup:

That's a terrific looking aircraft and not too bad a kit considering it's a Delta/Supermodel kit. If we didn't already know it existed people would claim that it WAS a Whiff!

Regards
Kit