My stash just grew again (2013)

Started by Army of One, December 31, 2012, 01:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitnut617

Classic Airframe 1/48 DH Hornet and an Italeri 1/72 Ju.188 came home with me yesterday, along with a Belcher Bits 1/72 Firebee set for a Canadian Lancaster
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Leading Observer

LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

deathjester

Quote from: Radish on January 12, 2013, 03:52:36 AM
Games Workshop Bretonnian Knights......think Nazi.
What, you mean like the ones in the secret level of Medal Of Honour??

pyro-manic

Which Medal of Honour was that in??
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

The Wooksta!

Another ebay win and the second Airkit Spitfire F21 of the year for me.

Stupidly low BIN price and the postage from the US isn't ridiculously high either.

Best of all, the seller says it's missing a cannon barrel but there's all the metal from the last Pegasus F22 - which included the best 5 blade prop ever released for the Spitfire.  Well, certainly up until Colin released his resin one.

The daft thing is that I spotted this a week ago and ignored it. 
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Captain Canada

Revell 72nd scale Junkers Ju-290A5 "Seeadler"

Don't know why I've developed this affliction of buying kits I don't want with money I don't have.....but the plan is to make it a high-winged, nose-geared, rear-ramped transport of the Luft '46 variety....aka the original Hercules.

:banghead: :thumbsup: :cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Wooksta!

Might be better off with an Arado Ar 232B or a Messerschmitt Me 323 then.  Although for the former you're looking at either a very rough and practically unfindable Airmodel kit or a very rough and practically unbuildable Mach 2 kit.

Although if you want the original Herkules, you'll want a Junkers Ju 352.  In which case your two options are either a very rough and practically unfindable Airmodel kit or a very rough and practically unbuildable Mach 2 kit.

Acttually, I've been a bit harsh.  The Airmodel Ju 352 looks quite nice and the Mach Poo kits of both the Ar 232 and the Ju 352 are nowhere near as tragically awful as his other kits.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

deathjester

Quote from: pyro-manic on January 13, 2013, 08:06:20 AM
Which Medal of Honour was that in??
Secret, Wolfenstein inspired last level, on the original MoH.  Featured occult/android Teutonic Knights, zombie soldiers, and enhanced German Shepherds, driving a tank... :blink:

pyro-manic

Oooh, I missed that one. The original, original MoH on the Playstation, or the first PC game?

The Rat

Yesterday I procured, for the princely sum of $3.99, an Academy 1/144th Zero, which I plan on turning into a zero:

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Captain Canada

Too funny Rat.
Lee, those are all good suggestions, but I like the idea of moving the wing....gives me something to hack up !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

pyro-manic

Today's addition: one Airfix 1:72 Bf110E/E-2 Trop. Six quid, I couldn't say no. Pricing error at a department store in Poole - all the others were marked up at £10. :rolleyes: This 'un will be a racer in a no-war scenario. I'm thinking the MacRobertson 1944 race. ;D Obviously no weapons, will have a nice gaudy colour scheme, might use the life raft tail extension as there are over-water stretches on the route. Looks cracking in the box - can't believe all the bitching about how heavy the panel lines are. :rolleyes: Plenty of spare parts too, which is always good.

deathjester

Quote from: pyro-manic on January 16, 2013, 05:41:25 PM
Oooh, I missed that one. The original, original MoH on the Playstation, or the first PC game?
Yes, the first Playstation MoH - excellent level !

pyro-manic

May be time for some console archaeology in the near future then!

deathjester

Do you have a PS1 , and MoH then?  I'll see what codes I can turn up!