My stash just grew again (2013)

Started by Army of One, December 31, 2012, 01:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Yes, I like the look of that idea, suits the aircraft quite well.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Tony Buttler's American Secret projects show pictures of F-100 developments with a very pointed nose and an air intake under the fuselage
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

NARSES2

In a model shop somewhere deep in the Pennines on Saturday - Heller 1/72 Dewotine D.510. Built one as a Danish bird this one will probably be Norwegian.

Last Monday from the Modelzone Sunderland sale - Revell Me 1099B for £4.49 and an Italeri Sunderland for £24.99. Couldn't resist at the price  ;D ;D £5 cheaper then in Newcastle and Sunderland are winning the odd game as well  :rolleyes:

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Chris Payne

Postie delivered 2x 1/48 Hasegawa F-16's today from a guy on Britmodeller.
Chris.

2014 EKFP Total = 8
2015 EKFP Total = 6
2016 EKFP Total = 2
2017 EKFP Total = 7
2018 EKFP Total = 3

kitnut617

AZ Models 1/72 Spiteful and Seafang arrived today.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Leading Observer

Playfix Be-6 arrived today. Impulse buy from Ebay. Not sure what I'll make of it yet  :unsure:
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

Nick

Quote from: Leading Observer on January 24, 2013, 02:17:34 PM
Playfix Be-6 arrived today. Impulse buy from Ebay. Not sure what I'll make of it yet  :unsure:

From distant memory, the plastic is rather brittle and the style basic but it does build into a decent looking kit. It is rather big though....
Found my old build in the loft last week and it lives not in a shoebox, but in a walking boot box!

The Wooksta!

I've seen an article about it somewhere on t'interweb.  Something about the engines and their relative angle being way out.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Nick on January 24, 2013, 02:24:47 PM

From distant memory, the plastic is rather brittle and the style basic but it does build into a decent looking kit. It is rather big though....
Found my old build in the loft last week and it lives not in a shoebox, but in a walking boot box!

I have also been playing with the idea of a Be-6 - replacing the engines with Centaurus radials, add/exchange some weapon stations and make a late war RAF patrol aircraft from it (as a Sunderland replacement). Just did not make it beyond that due to size/storage issues...  :rolleyes:

NARSES2

Not a kit as such but got one of the newish Humbrol workstations today after hearing good reports. As reported it stays snug on the lap and will enable me to model in the warmth of the living room plus will help me clear up some of the clutter and model in relative tidyness  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 25, 2013, 06:19:28 AM
Not a kit as such but got one of the newish Humbrol workstations today after hearing good reports. As reported it stays snug on the lap and will enable me to model in the warmth of the living room plus will help me clear up some of the clutter and model in relative tidyness  ;D

I suspect if I had one on my modelling table, it would just function as a wall between the clutter and the cutting mat..... ;D

Mind you, that may be no bad thing: got me thinking about making an A3 tray with edges now.....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Mossie

Zvezda 1/144 Sukhoi Superjet 100.  Got it for half price.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

van883

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 23, 2013, 08:33:58 AM
Quote from: pyro-manic on January 23, 2013, 08:22:47 AM
Italeri F-100D Super Sabre. To get radar and Falcons/Sparrows (Genie?).

Where do you plan to put the radar on an F-100?

There was a proposed F100J for Japan with a Sabre Dog type nose

Van

Radish

Building one of those Be-6s at the moment. Care because of the brittle plastic, and to be honest, paint the insides black and forget about them. Add some pieces of card and a couple of heads to the cockpit interior, paint black (the cockpit as such does not exist), and the glazing will hide much.
A big and well fitting model. Couldn't give a toss if it's accurate or not as mine's being whiffed into a German "experimental" flying boat used in the Norway 1940 campaign for the BIGGLES SIG.
I needed no filler, have added twin-row radials from the Heller Canadair 215 without their cowlings, and will steampunk onwards.
I  have 2 more to build.....fancy  at least one more RAF one as well as a French Navy one.

Just received from Modelzone....Airfix HMS Suffolk.....for BIGGLES. :thumbsup:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: Mossie on January 25, 2013, 02:40:33 PM
Zvezda 1/144 Sukhoi Superjet 100.  Got it for half price.

presidential transport / airborne command post for a smaller african or asian nation, eh?
Keeper of George the Cat.