My stash just grew again (2013)

Started by Army of One, December 31, 2012, 01:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: pyro-manic on February 06, 2013, 08:35:04 AM
Quote from: Howard of Effingham on February 06, 2013, 07:06:32 AM
how 'bout RR kestrel as fitted to the supermarine S.6B in schneider trophy winning condition?  :thumbsup:

'Twas the Rolls-Royce "R" on the Supermarine, not the Kestrel. An altogether different beast!

opps! but 12 of the R-R 'R' would have made quite a difference as you and master rheged have both noted.  :thumbsup:
Keeper of George the Cat.

The Wooksta!

Off ebay:

Four Aeroclub Spitfire contraprops.  And at a reasonable £3.50 each with FREE postage!   :cheers:

As I have a large requirement for contraprops, this is definitely a result.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

The Revell 22jr Dual dragster kit arrived that I bought from ebay.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks JCF for mentioning that they were available and thanks Thorvik for pointing out the one on ebay!  :bow:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: The Wooksta! on February 07, 2013, 06:59:33 AM
Four Aeroclub Spitfire contraprops.

Are they the Rotol ones or De Havilland ones Lee ?.  There was a lot of experimenting done with both types, the Morgan/Shacklady book has the earliest Spit to get a contra-prop as a Mk.IX (there's a photo of it too) which in itself was actually a converted Mk.V so you could argue that a Mk.V was the first ---
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Martin H

both via Ebay. and both 1/72nd
MPM Gloster Meteor F-8 (prone)
Esci Eurofighter EFA.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

The Wooksta!

Quote from: kitnut617 on February 07, 2013, 08:51:15 AM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on February 07, 2013, 06:59:33 AM
Four Aeroclub Spitfire contraprops.

Are they the Rotol ones or De Havilland ones Lee ?.  There was a lot of experimenting done with both types, the Morgan/Shacklady book has the earliest Spit to get a contra-prop as a Mk.IX (there's a photo of it too) which in itself was actually a converted Mk.V so you could argue that a Mk.V was the first ---

Think John only ever did Rotols for Spits - i've had both of the ones he's released over the years, the oldest being used on three separate models.

Edit. P.034 Rotol.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Spey_Phantom

2 new additions:

RoG 1/144 F-16C Fighting Falcon
RoG 1/144 Boeing 787 Dreamliner (to become KC-787)
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

kitnut617

Special Hobby 1/72 Spitfire Mk.24 joined the stash yesterday, lots of extra goodies in this kit.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Rheged

Quote from: Nils on February 09, 2013, 07:32:44 AM

Keep a close watch on this one;  it might unexpectedly start emitting smoke in the cockpit!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Aircav

A n other 1/48 Eduard Hellcat plus a 1/72 Airfix Vampire T.11, both from Franks at Whitley Bay this morning.  ;) ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

NARSES2

Quote from: Rheged on February 09, 2013, 10:29:50 AM

Keep a close watch on this one;  it might unexpectedly start emitting smoke in the cockpit!

You'll be getting a visit from men in dark suits, white shirts, black ties and sunglasses  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Steel Penguin

from the hammerhead show today
crooked dices "tough cops"   
ainsty castings  weird west goodys and baddys
and from a company whos name i cannot remeber a medium mech type walker.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

lancer

Quote from: Rheged on February 09, 2013, 10:29:50 AM

Or leaking hydraulic fluid or have panels fall off of it...
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

NARSES2

My Airfix Club kits came yesterday. Someone was asking what kits they were. Well the Hurricane is the IIC boxing with a amended wing to give a IIB, the Spitfire is the current Vc boxing and the P-40 is the recently tooled P-40B.

Nice transfer sheet in the set.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

lancer

Re-upped my membership this  afternoon, so I expect to get my kits at the start of next month. Looking forward to getting it.

Oh and the Newbury show this saturday coming- wonder what goodies I'll get there...
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die