My stash just grew again (2013)

Started by Army of One, December 31, 2012, 01:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howard of Effingham

hmm, all i bought at 'uddersfield was....

a 1/72 meteor NF14 vacform canopy from mike mcevoy's under table sale

however, there WAS a chap making the rounds and trying to find the canberra SIG with a box of assorted 1/48
B-57 spares and as he said they were free to a good 'ome, i nabbed the 'patricia lynn' nose and the B-57 intakes.

loads of people from the SIG there, indeed far too many to list here!!  :o
Keeper of George the Cat.

Radish

Huddersfield......

1/48th aircraft....
3 from Pegasus Hobbies....Bf-109E, Bf-109G6, A6Ma Zero

1/35th HobbyBoss T-26 Light Infantry tank....to receive a totally new undercarriage: tracks aren't an option. So wither just big tyred wheels or individual tracked wheels.
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Mossie

From Huddersfield:

Trumpeter 1/72 F-107 Ultra Sabre
Matchbox 1/72 English Electric Lightning T.55

A bit miffed with the last one.  Payed a little over the odds, but I've been unable to find one for ages and once you've paid postage online it's wouldn't have been much different so I wasn't worried.  What is annoying, is that although I looked in the box to check all the parts where there, it wasn't obvious that the canopy had been replaced by a vacform and a poor one at that.  Not best pleased. :-\
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

The Wooksta!

A call to John Adams may pay off.  He did a canopy to fit the Matchbox kit and his own Lightning two seater conversion fuselage.

Markings wise, any RAF squadron that had Lightnings, 19 and 92 Sqn in the Green scheme would be most plausible.  It's always annoyed me that the F2s were rebuilt to F6 standards then rewired at great expense some time later before being scrapped six months after that when the RAF was crying out for the T-birds to be rebuilt to T55 standard.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Radish on February 18, 2013, 02:27:53 AM
Huddersfield......

1/48th aircraft....
3 from Pegasus Hobbies....Bf-109E, Bf-109G6, A6Ma Zero

1/35th HobbyBoss T-26 Light Infantry tank....to receive a totally new undercarriage: tracks aren't an option. So wither just big tyred wheels or individual tracked wheels.

Legs ? With or without fishnets  :wacko: ;D

Quote from: Nick on February 17, 2013, 06:45:43 AM
Yesterday in Halifax models I joined the Vampire T.11 owners club, that shop is a wonder. Haworth Pennine Models hasn't changed in 5 years if ever!

How long did it take you to get out ???  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Sounds like a local shop for local people...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: The Wooksta! on February 18, 2013, 06:10:01 AM
Markings wise, any RAF squadron that had Lightnings, 19 and 92 Sqn in the Green scheme would be most plausible. 

Wouldn't these be T.4 or T.5 with the short belly tank? IIRC, the export trainers were the only specimen with the long belly tank from the F.6?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on February 18, 2013, 08:05:31 AM
Markings wise, any RAF squadron that had Lightnings, 19 and 92 Sqn in the Green scheme would be most plausible.

Wouldn't these be T.4 or T.5 with the short belly tank? IIRC, the export trainers were the only specimen with the long belly tank from the F.6?

True, they were, but this is WhiffWorld  ;)

There were at least a couple of T55s based at Warton with MoD that were taken back in exchange, and they had RAF roundels and serials. AFAIK there were used on the Typhoon development programme, and they were calibrated in the test rig I installed there in the late 90s.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

deathjester

This may be the wrong place to put it, but could you use one of those Lightning trainer noses to make a fuselage extension to create a stretched Lightning??

JayBee

Quote from: deathjester on February 18, 2013, 08:44:48 AM
This may be the wrong place to put it, but could you use one of those Lightning trainer noses to make a fuselage extension to create a stretched Lightning??

You mean,

a four seat ECM bird,
or
a six seat high rankers transport,
or
or
or

:wacko: :rolleyes: :blink: :bow:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

deathjester

Quote from: JayBee on February 18, 2013, 09:52:19 AM
Quote from: deathjester on February 18, 2013, 08:44:48 AM

You mean,

a four seat ECM bird,
or
a six seat high rankers transport,
or
or
or

:wacko: :rolleyes: :blink: :bow:
To be specific...
...yes.  ;D ;D ;D

Chris Payne

Postie delivered a parcel today.

Lonestar Resins 1/72 F-16XL conversion set from a guy over on Britmodeller.

Chris.

2014 EKFP Total = 8
2015 EKFP Total = 6
2016 EKFP Total = 2
2017 EKFP Total = 7
2018 EKFP Total = 3

deathjester

Oh, now that's worth having!  Makes it worth getting a yawn dart... :lol:

Mossie

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 18, 2013, 08:20:54 AM

There were at least a couple of T55s based at Warton with MoD that were taken back in exchange, and they had RAF roundels and serials. AFAIK there were used on the Typhoon development programme, and they were calibrated in the test rig I installed there in the late 90s.

If I build it oob, a RAF T bird is one option, although I'd probably go the route of the proposed TSR.2 trainer with OCU/Squadron markings to suit.

Another option would be a FG.* version based on the T.55, although I might reserve that for a single seater T.53 variant when the Airfix kit comes out.  Maybe with a bias towards the mud moving role (Bucc or Jag no-show?), in wraparound camo with twin JL.100 Matra/tank combos above the wings and either twin Matras or bombs on the wing pylons. If I represented the Microcell launchers that would be nearly 200 rockets total....

One idea I've toyed with is the naval swing wing Lightning.  I know others have done this, but I'm thinking of The Full Monty.  The one with the solid nose, side intakes, full length belly pack and Speys (and I think the spine was even different).  Maybe. :o
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

deathjester

Quote from: Mossie on February 18, 2013, 01:57:20 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 18, 2013, 08:20:54 AM

If I build it oob, a RAF T bird is one option, although I'd probably go the route of the proposed TSR.2 trainer with OCU/Squadron markings to suit.

Another option would be a FG.* version based on the T.55, although I might reserve that for a single seater T.53 variant when the Airfix kit comes out.  Maybe with a bias towards the mud moving role (Bucc or Jag no-show?), in wraparound camo with twin JL.100 Matra/tank combos above the wings and either twin Matras or bombs on the wing pylons. If I represented the Microcell launchers that would be nearly 200 rockets total....

One idea I've toyed with is the naval swing wing Lightning.  I know others have done this, but I'm thinking of The Full Monty.  The one with the solid nose, side intakes, full length belly pack and Speys (and I think the spine was even different).  Maybe. :o
Stretch it too...stretch it too !!