My stash just grew again (2013)

Started by Army of One, December 31, 2012, 01:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

Well, since you mention it I've had a look at the kit and you could put in a stretch fairly easily, putting a plug in to the rear of the canopy where there's still a little bit of constant section.  Finding a canopy to fit would be the biggest obstacle.  I'm not likely to do it, but I'd like to see you do it!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

deathjester

Quote from: Mossie on February 18, 2013, 02:08:45 PM
Well, since you mention it I've had a look at the kit and you could put in a stretch fairly easily, putting a plug in to the rear of the canopy where there's still a little bit of constant section.  Finding a canopy to fit would be the biggest obstacle.  I'm not likely to do it, but I'd like to see you do it!
Hmm, might just take you up on that...!!

McColm

From ModelZone Croydon 1/72 Italeri MH-47E SOA Chinook.
I've seen pictures of early Chinooks with wings  the BV-347 comes to mind, although I could use the wing stubs from an Airfix Rotordyne kit instead.

The Wooksta!

You'd have to use a new wing - it was 25% bigger on the VG version...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Mossie

Yes, I'd factored that in.  I've blown some plans up today and I'll offer the kit up to them to see just how much effort is required (plenty).
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Howard of Effingham

to the account..... [and my 2600th post as well  :o :o ]

hmm, a goodly sized box of mostly 1/72 meteor spares and lunch!

from the stash....

a box of fujimi 1/72 US navy flight deck figures in exchange for another modeller's project.

:cheers: thanks ray!  :cheers:
Keeper of George the Cat.

Martin H

Via eBay, one Meikraft F6U Vought Pirate.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Hobbes

From MartG, some resin bits for my Airfix Saturn V

The Wooksta!

Quote from: Martin H on February 22, 2013, 09:40:35 AM
Via eBay, one Meikraft F6U Vought Pirate.

Good luck with that one.  You'll need it.  Makes early MPM and Pegasus look like Tamiya and Hasegawa.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Martin H

wont be the first one ive built, in a way. I had a resin clone of the kit that I picked up at the Northern show many moons ago. That built up quite well. This one looks like it will have less cleaning up to do before I bolt it togeather
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

The Wooksta!

I had one.  I think Chris (Narses2) purchased it in a clear out some years back.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on February 22, 2013, 04:01:01 PM
I had one.  I think Chris (Narses2) purchased it in a clear out some years back.

Yup, still in the stash. I've always liked some of these early naval jets
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Radish

Airfix 1/72nd Aichi "Val"....it'll be Luftwaffe
Revell 1/87th "Big Boy" locomotive :o :o
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Captain Canada

Bought 2 tins of paint. Well, didn't even buy them as my card wasn't working. So he let me take them and pay later...another bonus to shopping at your LHS !

Still haven't purchased any plastic tho, been well over a month now. How crazy is that ? Crazy.....

:blink: :banghead: :unsure:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Weaver

Bumper weekend so far and I've not even been to Crewe Militare yet!

From Pyromanic's sale:

Hasegawa 1/72nd Mitsubishi Mu-2S

From a little bric-a-brac and collectables shop run by two modellers, opposite the charity shop where I dropped a load of stuff off this morning:

Supermodel 1/72nd Blohm und Voss BV-138 "flying clog"
Supermodel 1/72nd C.R.D.A. Cant Z 1007bis Alcione (the best-looking of the 3-engined bombers)
Hasegawa 1/72nd Mitsubishi G4M1 Betty with Okha suicide plane
LS 1/72nd Mitsubishi KI-46 Dinah Type 100-3 (the streamlined nose type)

£50 the lot!  (not bad considering that Hase want £40-odd for a new "Betty" alone...)  ;D :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones