My stash just grew again (2013)

Started by Army of One, December 31, 2012, 01:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

Just won on ebay:

Airfix 'Datamatic' Aston Martin DBS. 

Roughly 24th scale, this is the Aston Lazenby drives in OHMSS.  Been wanting one of these for a while.  Okay, it's a toy but it's reasonably right in shape and a decent basis for work.

The only other one is a hideously expensive resin kit which isn't even complete.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

luft46models

Fly Avrocar from the big H,  looks buildable but it has to be whiffed with some form of armament,  any suggestions welcome.

Also the short and long dock from Italeri though I may only use one of the two long docks with the short dock given each dock is 30cm long but this is subject to finding the right sort of RW photo.

William in Oz

Mr.Creak

Quote from: luft46models on April 28, 2013, 05:21:23 PM
Fly Avrocar from the big H,  looks buildable but it has to be whiffed with some form of armament,  any suggestions welcome.
I have, somewhere in one of my books, a drawing of what it "would have looked like" in U.S. Army service - a pair of 106mm RCLs - not very interesting, methinks.
How about a T249 Vigilante 37mm rotary gun (anti-tank AND anti-aircraft!) and a pod of unguided rockets?
What if... I had a brain?

luft46models

Sounds good,  i think the two seat version would allow a gunner maybe with some sort of turret, would love to see the picture if you can find it. Another idea would be a zombie killer or car wars option like  in Harlon Ellisons short story.

Willian in Oz

lenny100

ok from the show at perth

1 black pearl 1/72 yes another but to be made up as the Wicked wench the name of the pearl before she was sunk and became jacks pirate sh
airfix gloster meteor III to be used for a early model  FAA  shipborne photo recon aircraft, with a big folded wing
revell l-1011 tristar

Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

Radish

Not exactly stash....but shape cutters for cakes, etc....great shapely exhausts for spacy things. :lol:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Chris Payne

Picked up another couple of kits last weekend.

Airfix 1/72 Red Arrow Gnat Giftset
Airfix 1/72 Douglas A-4B Skyhawk Giftset
Chris.

2014 EKFP Total = 8
2015 EKFP Total = 6
2016 EKFP Total = 2
2017 EKFP Total = 7
2018 EKFP Total = 3

Army of One

I relented......Revell 1/48 two seat Typhoon for £11.99.....bargain I thought...nice weapon set with it.....absolutely loadsa NATO stuff.....except brimstones.... :angry:...dunno why I got it....Max loves them so I can see a quick build n light grey rattle can finish hanging from his bedroom ceiling......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

deathjester

Quote from: Army of One on April 30, 2013, 12:45:14 PM
I relented......Revell 1/48 two seat Typhoon for £11.99.....bargain I thought...nice weapon set with it.....absolutely loadsa NATO stuff.....except brimstones.... :angry:...dunno why I got it....Max loves them so I can see a quick build n light grey rattle can finish hanging from his bedroom ceiling......
I think Freightdog do a Brimstone & launcher set in 1/48, don't they?

Steel Penguin

they certaily do,  ( i got 4 packs at ipms last year,  :thumbsup:)
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: Steel Penguin on April 30, 2013, 01:38:08 PM
they certainly do,  ( i got 4 packs at ipms last year,  :thumbsup:)

i think that freightdog can't get brimstones cast fast enough in 1/72 and 1/48..... such is the demand!
Keeper of George the Cat.

PR19_Kit

A small aid parcel arrive today, chock full of Pavla resin stuff. All sorts of ejector seats for various projects plan an AMAZING resin cockpt interrior for theAirfix Canberra PR9. It has place for the pilot and the nav in his coal hole, plus seats, panels, controls and allsorts, most impressive.

I got them from a listing in ebay but the guy has his own website, it's like like a min-Big H. It's called Oxonians Plastic Fantastic and his web site is at :-

http://www.oxoniansplasticfantastic.co.uk/

Well worth a look and he doesn't rip you off on the postage either.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: Army of One on April 30, 2013, 12:45:14 PM
Max loves them so I can see a quick build n light grey rattle can finish hanging from his bedroom ceiling......

If the thread broke and it dive bombed him would you have to arrest yourself  :blink: ;D An Airfix Sunderland did that to me when I was a kid...explains a lot (typed before others can)  ;D  :o
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 01, 2013, 06:22:26 AM
A small aid parcel arrive today, chock full of Pavla resin stuff. All sorts of ejector seats for various projects plan an AMAZING resin cockpt interrior for theAirfix Canberra PR9. It has place for the pilot and the nav in his coal hole, plus seats, panels, controls and allsorts, most impressive.

I got them from a listing in ebay but the guy has his own website, it's like like a min-Big H. It's called Oxonians Plastic Fantastic and his web site is at :-

http://www.oxoniansplasticfantastic.co.uk/

Well worth a look and he doesn't rip you off on the postage either.

Yep - good, isn't it?  :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Steel Penguin

my nickstarter arrived  ( a pre order from Northstar  organised by a guy called Nic there )  the mega In Her Magistys Name bundle, all 5 starting forces and some bounos freebie figs,   =\= 60 28mm figs in a steampunky style.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!