My stash just grew again (2013)

Started by Army of One, December 31, 2012, 01:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Received today from the Big H

2 x 1/72 Sword T2V/T-1A SeaStar's Look really good as well and will save me trying to do a conversion.

From ebay the wrong kit!!!

Won a Hasegawa 1/72 F-4E Kurnas 2000 only to receive a Hasegawa 1/72 RF-4E. Not a happy bunny  :angry:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

deathjester

What is this Kurnas like?  I have a Hasegawa F-4E - we could swap fuselages if that would help?

kitnut617

Quote from: deathjester on May 02, 2013, 02:23:05 PM
What is this Kurnas like?  I have a Hasegawa F-4E - we could swap fuselages if that would help?

Reading about it, it looks like you just need some Israeli decals as the F-4E aircraft are practically identical
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

But the RF-4E has no missile recesses underneath and the nose is different too.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

jcf

At the IPMS-Seattle show on April 27:
1/43 Breedlove Spirit of America Sonic 1   

1/48 AZ Kayaba Ka-1 autogyro (Asahi Shimbun newspaper markings as a What-If replacement for their RW Kellet)

1/48 Trumpeter Hawker Sea Hawk 

1/72 Special Hobby FW 58C (to be done as a RW Slovak airliner, a new fuselage top will be required)

1/72 Revell FW 200C5 (to be cross-kitted with Revell FW 200A airliner to produce an FW 200B/D airliner, which isn't a What-if)

Captain Canada

Grabbed another Airfix A-4 kit.....I love this kit !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Weaver

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on May 02, 2013, 05:33:45 PM

What make is that Jon?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

jcf

Quote from: Weaver on May 02, 2013, 06:24:40 PM
Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on May 02, 2013, 05:33:45 PM

What make is that Jon?

'Tis a Scaleworks resin kit. Looks lovely in the box.

Gondor

Quote from: deathjester on May 02, 2013, 02:23:05 PM

Thanks for the offer deathjester but no need. I contacted the seller who was also selling the RF-4E at the same time, he sent the wrong kit to me and my kit to another buyer effectively got them swapped. He has told the other buyer that he has been sent the wrong item and they are not accepting the package so it will be returned to the seller who will then confirm that it is the kit I was expecting. Once that happens I will return the kit I received to the seller and then get the kit I ordered with hopefully the cost of postage refunded to me.! Phew.....

Anyway.... back on thread....

Received from Colin of Freightdog a box containing detail and conversion sets.

1 x 1/72 Hawker Tempest VI conversion set to go with the Academy kit I bought at the Scottish Nationals

1 x 1/72 NA Mustang P-51K/Mk IV conversion set to go with an Airfix Mustang I bought a while ago

1 x 1/72 Dassault Etendard IVP conversion set to go with an old Heller Etendard kit I have in the stash for just such a conversion

1 x 1/72 RN 38 round Rocket pods. No idea what I will use them with yet

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

kitnut617

Quote from: kitnut617 on April 26, 2013, 02:53:26 PM
Fantastic Plastic 1/72 BAe P.1214 will be in my collection very shortly,
On my desk right now   :thumbsup:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

jcf

Oops, one I forgot about from last week:
1/9 Tsukuda Cyberdyne T-800 (chrome plated version).

Army of One

Won from fleabay for just over £10 was a 7 'frog' kit box in 1/72...containing a wildcat, Hellcat, two P51A and three Mc 202 Italian fighters.......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Radish

From The Works.....

another Revell 1/144th Tu-95 :thumbsup:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

NARSES2

From MZ my second new tool Airfix Typhoon  :thumbsup: This will be the invasion striped version from the box

Also got some more of those double sided sticky tabs from £1 Store. Great for holding small bits whilst painting. Can be re-used a multitude of times as well  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Captain Canada on May 02, 2013, 05:59:44 PM
Grabbed another Airfix A-4 kit.....I love this kit !

:wub:

Yes, it's amazingly good. Have one in my stash, too, waiting for a conversion into a French Aéronavale aircraft with AS.30 missiles...  ;D

The Etendard was late, you know  :rolleyes: