My stash just grew again (2013)

Started by Army of One, December 31, 2012, 01:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

Missed a Hasegawa X-29 from the last purchase...  :rolleyes:

And just won a Matchbox Hawk 200 for EUR 1,- at ebay last night. Hurray!

On the downside, the Matchbox Skyknight from Australia turned out to be a dud: it is "complete", three sprues in three colors, plus clear parts and decals, but one of the main sprues is double - even though these twins were molded in two different colors!? Never seen this before... So, now the cockpit and landing gear are missing, but at least the fuselage (which I primarily need for the F3D-3 conversion plan  :wacko:) is there.

Radish

3 x 1/48th Bf-109G6...Pegasus Hobbies.
They'll most likely be Luftwaffe....but not as we know it lol. ;D ;D ;D
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

deathjester

Picked up a few that couldn't really be left behind....about 280 various kits  :rolleyes:

McColm

I was given a Revell 1/144 C-17 GlobemasterIII over the weekend and thought of a heavy lift helicopter. Instead of going down the quad tilt  or six tilt engines approach, I'd add the rotor heads from either a 1/72 Sea Knight or Chinook at each end. The C-17 vertical tail would need to be cut off and I could reduce the wing and keep two engines from the kit, a raid in my spares box from one of the Rotordyne kits would provide a new tail section.
I might use civvie airline decals instead of the ones provided in the kit.

Radish

2 x Tamiya 1/ 48th Fw 190Ds in the JV44 boxing for £12 each..... they'll be Luftwaffe, but NOT as we know it :blink: :party:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

PR19_Kit

My Lift Here Short Sealand arrived from the Hobby Shop at Schipol. It's STUNNING, one super piece of moulding.

I also got a couple of Kopra resin upgrades for the Hawker Audax kit I got at Telford last time. These are for another go at my Dad's gave aircraft.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Doesn't Amodel do an Audax?  Or am I thinking of a Hector?

Edit:  Quick flick through the Hannants website reveals they do the latter, not the former.

Also spotted some new Spifire sheets from Xtradecal.  The mk 16 sheet looks to be the bestest option.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 29, 2013, 05:27:04 AM
My Lift Here Short Sealand arrived from the Hobby Shop at Schipol. It's STUNNING, one super piece of moulding.

I can't wait to see mine, it's supposed to arrive today according to the UPS girl
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

deathjester

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on May 28, 2013, 12:20:23 AM
Missed a Hasegawa X-29 from the last purchase...  :rolleyes:

And just won a Matchbox Hawk 200 for EUR 1,- at ebay last night. Hurray!

On the downside, the Matchbox Skyknight from Australia turned out to be a dud: it is "complete", three sprues in three colors, plus clear parts and decals, but one of the main sprues is double - even though these twins were molded in two different colors!? Never seen this before... So, now the cockpit and landing gear are missing, but at least the fuselage (which I primarily need for the F3D-3 conversion plan  :wacko:) is there.
I got a Skynight in that big load of kits.  Interested?

Leading Observer

LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

Gondor

Received from ebay today

1 x 1/72 Hasegawa Mig 23 Flogger B, an old Hales boxing of the kit. To be mashed with part of an F-16 as I think I can possibly improve the build of that supposed Chinese aircraft.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Wooksta! on May 29, 2013, 05:53:25 AM
Doesn't Amodel do an Audax?  Or am I thinking of a Hector?

My Audax is by AviS, looks like an offshoot of A Z, and nothing to do with car rentals..........
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

McColm

Another Corgi  diecast 1/48 Pathfinder Airport crash tender, that makes three so far and a 1/72 F-16 CCV kit.

kitnut617

Quote from: kitnut617 on May 29, 2013, 06:11:58 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 29, 2013, 05:27:04 AM

I can't wait to see mine, it's supposed to arrive today according to the UPS girl

It did arrive today from Aviation Megastore, and it's just as Kit said it is.  I also got a set of 1/72 DC-4 engines done by Harald Hensel from there too.

From Freightdog, in 1/72 scale, HMS Hermes Operation Corporate decal sheet, Vulcan B2 and Vulcan B/K.2 tailpipes, F-16C conformal tanks, Sea Harrier 190 Gal tanks (x2), 36 round rocket pods (x2), Vinten DJRP (x2) and in 1/48 scale, white metal Seafang set of props and other pieces (x2) [thanks Colin for those]
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

lancer

Quote from: Radish on May 29, 2013, 04:47:13 AM
2 x Tamiya 1/ 48th Fw 190Ds in the JV44 boxing for £12 each..... they'll be Luftwaffe, but NOT as we know it :blink: :party:

Steampunked?? Pink?? The mind truely boggles....
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die