My stash just grew again (2013)

Started by Army of One, December 31, 2012, 01:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Father Ennis

I been kicking around the idea of doing an FW-190 in pink !!!!!!  There really was one in Italy. It was flown by a U.S. AAF unit as a hack and to give piolets a chance to see what they were dealing with in combat.  It featured large stars and bars on top and bottom of both wings and fueslage sides. It had a very tuff finish to the pink as well. I know this because I have seen pictures of it.

Gondor

Recovered from the postal sorting office today

1 x 1/72 Freightdog TSR2 Reconnaissance Set..... yummy I wonder if Colin will sell me a couple of sets of the chaff launchers and pylons separately?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Army of One

2 fleabay wins.....one box of 1/144 a/c kits of unknown manufacture....containing an SR71 that I think is way to small...unless they just a bit longer that an F18...2x F18, a tornado, F16 which upon looking in the box is really the delta FX16L, Mig25, F117 and an F15 and a box of unknown manufacturer tanks in 1/72...containing a Leopard, 2x Merkava II, 2x M60 Pattons, 2x Abrams.....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

NARSES2

From Fenwicks in Newcastle the new tool Airfix 1/72 Gladiator  ;D

Gorgeous kit. Has 4 canopies - 2 versions of the canopy, both with open or closed options, so no fiddling with separate bits if you want it closed - tyres are offered as under weight for on the ground and unweighted for in air builds - nice rigging diagram that is easily followed which from initial inspection looks as though it might be a template for wiresizes. Not sure on that as I havn't measured anything but looks like it  :thumbsup:

I'll probably do mine as a real life Munich crisis build. Was going to do a 1941 Middle East based aircraft but the kit only comes with the 2 bladed prop so need to wait for the latter ski equiped verson probably.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Army of One

I would so love to do the 'Faith' 'Hope' and 'Charity' trio as I love the story and love Malta GC......and no I don't give a monkeys toss if it's true or not....before anyone pipes up....!!!
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

NARSES2

Quote from: Army of One on June 01, 2013, 02:58:46 AM
I would so love to do the 'Faith' 'Hope' and 'Charity' trio as I love the story and love Malta GC......and no I don't give a monkeys toss if it's true or not....before anyone pipes up....!!!

Need a Sea Gladiator for those Hank, although I'm not sure if they had all the sea going kit ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Army of One

Other than an arrest or hook and maybe dingy stowage.....what else is externalky different.....? Ul have to excuse my ignorance.....I know I should probably be flogged....

Actually just found a book that states the difference between the Mk I and Sea Gladiator are: extended case/link chutes due to the dingy fairing, external deck arrestir hook and catapult points. It mentions differences to the ammo box lids to facilitate reloading in the wing in accordance with RN procedure. It also mentions provision for two browning guns in upper wing firing ourboard of the prop and with 300 rpg...no pic though
Book ref is 'Famous fighters of WW2' by William Green p185/6
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Howard of Effingham

hmm, added to the stash in the last few days....

1/72 RoG F-101 voodoo
1/72 RoG Me-262 [a couple of these for parts donation for another project]
1/72 Tamiya Mosquito NF
1/72 RoG Hunter FGA9
Keeper of George the Cat.

lancer

I know I shouldn't have, but I couldn't help it. It's siren song was so compelling, so strong. The Revell boxing of Zvezda's MI24V Hind. The decals are beautiful, especially the Czech artwork.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Aircav

From the Northern Show the following,

1/72 Zvezda Kamov Ka-50SA Night Hunter
1/72 Revell C-160 Transall
1/48 Revell Ju-52/3m, Airline version
1/35 Revell UH-60 Black Hawk, reboxed Academy kit.
The most I spent on any one kit was £15, quite a few bargins to be had.  ;) ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Martin H

After a 200 mile drive, im back from the Northern show.

added to the stash. all 1/72nd scale
New tool Airfix Gloster Gladiator I.
Ciro Models Mil-8 gun ship. KP base kit with a ton of resin added.
Italeri AS532 Cougar.
Planet M22 Locust. To go with the Planet Hamilcar glider I got a while back.
Dragon Flakpanzer V "Coelian" (Panzerwaffe 46)
Dragon VK45.02(P)V. (Panzerwaffe 46)
Dragon VK45.02(P)H. (Panzerwaffe 46)
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

pyro-manic

Quote from: lancer on June 02, 2013, 12:57:38 PM
I know I shouldn't have, but I couldn't help it. It's siren song was so compelling, so strong. The Revell boxing of Zvezda's MI24V Hind. The decals are beautiful, especially the Czech artwork.

I've been sorely tempted by that one, I must admit...
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Mr.Creak

Just won a Frog Westland Wyvern on Ebay.
What if... I had a brain?

The Wooksta!

I was decidedly restrained at the Northern show today:

Revell/Novo Shackleton MR3 (part started but it's for spares anyway)
Admiral Seafire F46 (£4 - bargain price!)
MPM Spitfire PRXIX (the BBMF issue one which is superb)
CMR Spitfire F22 (1996 tool)
Sword Spitfire PRIV
Condor EMW A-4/V2 (going to be a cut and shut as a Miles U52 "Scrum Half" missile)
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Army of One on June 01, 2013, 08:03:59 AM
Actually just found a book that states the difference between the Mk I and Sea Gladiator are: extended case/link chutes due to the dingy fairing, external deck arrestir hook and catapult points. It mentions differences to the ammo box lids to facilitate reloading in the wing in accordance with RN procedure. It also mentions provision for two browning guns in upper wing firing ourboard of the prop and with 300 rpg...no pic though
Book ref is 'Famous fighters of WW2' by William Green p185/6

In all honesty just add the A Frame hook and maybe the dingy pack and you could get away with it