Previous topic - Next topic

Spey_Phantom

new today  :mellow::

Revell 1/72 AS532 Cougar/Super Puma
Revell 1/72 EC-635 Military
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Army of One

From Nicks sale......1/48 Stingbat, 1/144 NH90 and a two in the box kit Flankers....cheers Nick  :thumbsup:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Dizzyfugu

Just shot a 1:72 Revell Do 228 on evilbay.

This purchase has a "local" background: someone here posted a profile of a whiffy German Navy A-4M in a 'Mission Atalante' paint scheme some months ago. While I would not support the Skyhawk idea (esp. these days), a German aircraft in a desert paint scheme (sort of) hasn't left my to-do list. And so this Do 228 might turn into a German maritime surveillance aircraft for the pirate-ridden coasts of Somalia... Already have a real-world inspiration for the colors, should look odd.

Nick

Picked up some paints and glue at Modelzone Lakeside yesterday and will probably return for more when I check my paint stash for what I need.
It's interesting to see what lies behind the pile of Airfix and Revell kits as the shelves empty. There's a lot of odd Dragon and Trumpeter stuff hidden away at the back.
From this I found a Dragon 1/144 Grumman X-29!

Mr.Creak

Just arrived on my doorstep: S-Model BRDM-2.
Two kits in the box, including etched parts 1 (grab rails, etc) for about eleven quid.
They'll have the belly wheels left off (and consigned to the bits box), and the resulting "holes" plated over with side doors added to make them BRDM-2NG mini-APCs.
What's nice is that, even though the "alternate" variant, the 9P148 ATGM carrier is a separate kit, the only difference (in the box) is the hull decking 2. In other words even though I've got the turreted version there's still 5 Konkurs (AT-5 Spandrel) tubes, per vehicle, supplied! Bonus.
That's some of my infantry armed for free.

1 On what is essentially a quick-build HAT/ ArmourFast style kit.
2 Not sure if the 9P148 includes the not-needed-for-this-version turret, but that would be useful if it did.
What if... I had a brain?

Howard of Effingham

from antics coventry.....

1/72 airfix RAF WW2 bomber re-supply set
1/72 airfix Focke Wulf Fw-190A-8 [new tool and nice indeed. has also an F-8 type canopy as well i think]
Keeper of George the Cat.

McColm

Revell Rotordyne
1/144 sud caravelle

Weaver

From Ebay:

Meng 1/72nd Fiat G.91R  :wub: - I finally got one at a semi-realistic price!  :thumbsup:  Might have another stab at my Red Arrows idea if I'm feeling brave....

Hasegawa 1/72nd F-106A Delta Dart.  :wub:  Another "if I'm feeling brave" idea is to use a Falcon F-106B conversion on this to make an operational RAF 2-seater....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

From my LHS

Trump 35th scale Husky AVGP. Prob gonna park it in the stash as someday ( but you know what John Fogerty says ) I'd like to build all the cool CDN Army stuff I saw as a kid in Borden.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Weaver on August 05, 2013, 03:59:19 PM
Meng 1/72nd Fiat G.91R  :wub: - I finally got one at a semi-realistic price!  :thumbsup:  Might have another stab at my Red Arrows idea if I'm feeling brave....

Uh, a Red Arrows Gina should look VERY good! I support this idea  :thumbsup:

Weaver

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on August 05, 2013, 11:46:52 PM
Quote from: Weaver on August 05, 2013, 03:59:19 PM

Uh, a Red Arrows Gina should look VERY good! I support this idea  :thumbsup:

Tried it once, screwed it up: http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,34551.0/highlight,gina.html   (paint came out horrible, couldn't tidy up the stripe... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Dizzyfugu

Next try will be better! I know that, when you have an ambitious plan but screw up something, esp. when painting or  - worse - when you add some varnish and an "undesired reaction" ruins anything... :(

Good luck - I'd be looking forward to the red Gina!  :thumbsup:

Spey_Phantom

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Chris Payne

Thanks to my brother calling in at Home Bargains near Maryhill whilst on his Scotland run this week, I now have the Revell 1/144 RAF/Qatar C-17A Globemaster III in my stash.
Chris.

2014 EKFP Total = 8
2015 EKFP Total = 6
2016 EKFP Total = 2
2017 EKFP Total = 7
2018 EKFP Total = 3