My stash just grew again (2013)

Started by Army of One, December 31, 2012, 01:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steel Penguin

back from the Avon show.
1:35 Bailey Bridge set ( again thank you Kit)
1:35 chally 1 ( Tamiya nock off by a company called hypa)  the flash on its a bit heavy but as its designated for spares for my other challys and my CARRV it don't matter
1:48 long range SCUD  to be a wargaming piece for missions ( though I may have to try to copy the rocket itself   as multiple copy's would be very nice).
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

McColm

Just won off eBay :
Airfix Thunderbird 2 scale unknown
Built 1/72 C-130 painted and RAF markings. Will convert into amphibious jet version .Be -6 lower fuselage added to form the V-shaped hull, Airfix Nimrod wings ,floats scratch built .

Martin H

latest additions to the stash.

From a trip yesterday to the Helicopter museum at Weston super Mare.
Amodel Kamov Ka-15M
Profileline McDD MD520N NOTAR.

From todays Avon show
Profileline McDD MD520N NOTAR. From Mike McEvoy.
Ardpol PZL 130TC Orlik. From Mike McEvoy
Amodel Aero 45.
Sword Lockheed T2V-1 Seastar.
Airfix Lockheed C-130K Herculese C-1. From PR-19Kit.
Academy Boeing B377 Stratocruiser.
Academy Boeing B-50D Super Fortress.
AMT Boeing EC-135C Looking Glass.
Lonewulf Bains Heliplane.
Retrokits Rebel snow speeder.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

darthspud

from IPMS Avon today
Revell F-117 1/72
ICM Soviet AAM Missile set 1/72

but could I find a two seater Eurofighter?
too old for a paper round, too young for me pensions, dammit, back to work then!

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

At the Avon Show y'day I snaffled a Minicraft MD80 from Collectakit at a not unreasonable price oddly, and an A Model Yak-2something Mandrake from the Venerable Mike McEvoy.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Howard of Effingham

from the show at thornbury yesterday [aka the avon show.....]

1/72 AMT/ertl NKC-135A  'laser lab' test a/c
1/48 italeri RF-18
1/48 revell/esci weapons set
1/35 esci german soldiers at rest
1/35 esci german half-track with a 20mm cannon
1/72 AZ models vought F6U-1 pirate [with what-if markings for el salvador, JASDF and A&AEE at boscombe down]

i was also able to get some more humbrol authentics and have a comprehensive A-3 skywarrior resin set put to one side for me.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Gondor

Received from ebay today

1 x 1/72 Flying Pig Productions in association with SIG Italia & SAF SIG: SAAB J21R bulgy bits

In other words a vac form conversion set to turn a Heller SAAB J21A into a J21R

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Gondor on August 12, 2013, 04:07:11 PM

I've had one of those and done the conversion Alastair. It works quite well and the only problem I had was something to do with the nosewheel but I'm darned if I can remember what it was!

[Later] After looking at piccies of the J-21 and J-21R I remember what it was. The J-21 sits nose down and the J-21R sits nose up but with the same length mainwheel legs so you have to extend the nose leg quite a bit. I found it quite difficult to do that and still maintain the delicate look of the Heller J-21 nosewheel leg.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 12, 2013, 02:32:52 AM
[...] an A Model Yak-2something Mandrake from the Venerable Mike McEvoy.  :thumbsup:

That was just a reflex, due to the long wings, I guess...?  ;)

Personally, I just (and finally) got my hands on a Matchbox Wellesley. Already have an idea for it, late, modified version with a bigger engine and maybe a turret instead of the lone machine gun rearwards. Naval/FAA colors also are a serious option - for maritime patrol and mine laying, maybe in the Mediterranean...?

NARSES2

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on August 13, 2013, 06:52:12 AM
Personally, I just (and finally) got my hands on a Matchbox Wellesley. Already have an idea for it, late, modified version with a bigger engine and maybe a turret instead of the lone machine gun rearwards. Naval/FAA colors also are a serious option - for maritime patrol and mine laying, maybe in the Mediterranean...?

Great minds  :thumbsup: I've got one planned in the next tranche which will be maritime patrol. No modifications just a FAA colour scheme
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Finally an Airfix 1/72 Lancaster II and RAF refuelling set  :thumbsup: Plus some Clearfix from Modelzone in Croydon where the shelves are getting very bare

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 13, 2013, 07:37:35 AM

Great minds  :thumbsup: I've got one planned in the next tranche which will be maritime patrol. No modifications just a FAA colour scheme

Yes, I read that post some days ago, and found it very inspiring - it's a very good idea, and a Wellesley with a white fuselage, high waterline and Dark Sea Grey/Dark Sea Grey upper sides should look... different. I just want to beef the thing up slightly - the alternative engine cowling for the LRDA aircraft makes the installation of a stronger engine easy, and experiment must tell if a turret could be implanted - had the vision of a Defiant-style thing with four 0.707 MGs? Should - at least - look odd.  :cheers:

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 12, 2013, 05:54:24 PM
Quote from: Gondor on August 12, 2013, 04:07:11 PM

I've had one of those and done the conversion Alastair. It works quite well and the only problem I had was something to do with the nosewheel but I'm darned if I can remember what it was!

[Later] After looking at piccies of the J-21 and J-21R I remember what it was. The J-21 sits nose down and the J-21R sits nose up but with the same length mainwheel legs so you have to extend the nose leg quite a bit. I found it quite difficult to do that and still maintain the delicate look of the Heller J-21 nosewheel leg.

I would think that the main undercarriage may be a tad more compressed perhaps?  I will check out pictures on the web and come to a more definitive answer for myself rather than just a guess. Thanks for the heads up Kit  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

TallEng

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on August 13, 2013, 09:28:54 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on August 13, 2013, 07:37:35 AM

Yes, I read that post some days ago, and found it very inspiring - it's a very good idea, and a Wellesley with a white fuselage, high waterline and Dark Sea Grey/Dark Sea Grey upper sides should look... different. I just want to beef the thing up slightly - the alternative engine cowling for the LRDA aircraft makes the installation of a stronger engine easy, and experiment must tell if a turret could be implanted - had the vision of a Defiant-style thing with four 0.707 MGs? Should - at least - look odd.  :cheers:

Cor blimey! That's what I'd thought of (using the LRDA cowling for a different look, and adding some kind of powered turret at the back, although not so many guns!)
And mine was/is to be silver with RAuxAF Sqn markings
Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks