My stash just grew again (2013)

Started by Army of One, December 31, 2012, 01:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Army of One

Quote from: Kerrillc on September 01, 2013, 01:17:54 PM
From the Airfix website, 2 each of the following, DH Chipmunk; Focke Wulf 190 and Mitsubishi Zero then on Saturday went over to Comet and got 4: an Airfix PR xix and a Hurricane and Sea Hurricane; a PM Sukhoi Su-15 and a Aoshima Buffalo. Comet is still in the process of rebuilding/renovation work after they had an "incident" (a stolen car slammed into the shop and caused quite bit of damage) so right now the military/aviation models are in a cramped basement room. So the rebuild work is taking time.

Ha.....!! Thats how Tony James started off....had to rummage around in a cramped basement....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Howard of Effingham

from the excellent driffield show yesterday....

azur 1/72 loire 46 [1930s parasol wing french AF fighter]
airfix 1/72 halifax BIII
hasegawa 1/72 F-111A [a bargain at £10 and there were two unstarted modeldecal sheets inside as well!!!]
hasegawa 1/72 ki-61 'tony'
a 1/72 resin HA-200 saeta [which on closer inspection i discover has two right [but sans left one] wings and
three canopies]

some decals and a jar of mr surfacer also. it was a long day out from coventry but i think i'll be going in 2014.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Dizzyfugu

An Italeri F-5A, B and E in 1:72. Esp. the F-5A has some serious whif potential, even without mods!

In the meantime, progress on my Wellesley GR Mk. IV halted, because I made the stubborn decision to apply a complete tactical code - and now I am waiting for ordered letter decals... In the meantime I decorate the kit with scratch-built antennae. The thing carries an ASV Mk. III radome, but some extra antlers won't hurt.  ;D

Gondor

Received from the big H today

Westland Wyvern wing fold set in 1/72 by CMK

WWII US General Purpose M44 HE Bombs 1000lbs in 1/72. Two packs of 6. Probably to be used with a Lancaster.

Also from ebay

1 x 1/72 Italeri C-47 to be built as an inter-war bomber with the help of a few other bits and pieces

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

pyro-manic

Two resin mecha kits arrived today, from Hong Kong:

Neo Shaian. A re-working of Makoto Kobayashi's robot Shaian from the "Dragon's Heaven" anime.

Should look something like this:

Baund Doc (1:220-ish) Another Kobayashi design, this originally also appeared in Dragon's Heaven as the "Gampe/Gampf", but was used in a modified form (with legs!) in the Zeta Gundam series. This is an altered version with propellant tanks and other gubbins under the "skirt" section.

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Captain Canada

From my LHS : Trump 72nd scale Wellington GR mk.XIV. Always liked the look ( and colour scheme ) of this bird, so finally decided to buy it.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

pyro-manic

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

From ebay, Revell 1/200th scale Zeppelin NT.

- Indiana Jones

pyro-manic

Quote from: Weaver on September 04, 2013, 11:23:04 AM
Got it  - very wierd..... :blink:

Uhh, yep. That about sums me up. ;D

Makoto Kobayashi is one of the more unique mecha designers around. Most of his work is very organic and oddly proportioned. Lends itself very well to odd paint schemes and extreme weathering. :thumbsup:

Mr.Creak

My HobbyBoss Zlin 142 just arrived (impressed rebel aircraft for my South American wargames campaign).
But... what on earth possessed HobbyBoss to make the bl**dy thing a copy of Wonder Woman's invisible plane?

What if... I had a brain?

Captain Canada

Quote from: Mr.Creak on September 05, 2013, 03:30:43 AM

But... what on earth possessed HobbyBoss to make the bl**dy thing a copy of Wonder Woman's invisible plane

Can't wait to see your pilot !

:wub: :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Weaver

From Fantasy Print Shop via ebay:

1 x sheet of black-on-clear square check in 2,3,4 & 6mm sizes - for Tank Girl builds

1 x sheet of 1/72nd ejection seat warning triangles

- Indiana Jones