My stash just grew again (2013)

Started by Army of One, December 31, 2012, 01:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daryl J.

McColm

1/72 Yak-141
1/144 AeroClub metal contra-rotating propellers (using them on an Airfix SR. N4 Hovercraft ,already painted in Hoverspeed colours. )

/24 Ford Capri MKI, already built .Paint starting to craze. Import from Japan .Restoration job.

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: JayBee on September 09, 2013, 09:07:38 AM
I believe your Revel X-3 is 1/65th scale.

thank-you jim!

i now have two of these X-3's in the stash and oh!, what to do with them?  ;D
Keeper of George the Cat.

JayBee

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Dizzyfugu

Also got my hands on an AZ Models Gotha P.60, the "test type" version with non-german markings - just for the stash. Not certain what to make of it - either a "real" Luft'46 night fighter with personal markings, or a conversion with different engines. Will catch dust, though, was rather cheap (EUR 14,-), so I could not say no.  ;)

NARSES2

From the Big H

RS Models Mustang P-51H and He 280 in 1/72

The Mustang will fit into my extended war scenario and the 280 will possibly be done as Hungarian on the Eastern Front

Quote from: kitnut617 on September 09, 2013, 03:00:34 PM

Jim

The PAK-20 book agrees with that ----

I know what that is now  ;D ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

A NEW pack of Milliput, courtesy of Mrs_PR19 taking a trip to Gloucester today.  :cheers: :drink:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Received today from ebay, via Israel and Inverness  :blink:

1 x 1/72 Hasegawa F-4E Phantom II 'IDF'

Bought the model on April 21st only the seller sent me a kit intended for a buyer in Israel, an RF-4E in Israel service no less. So after some frantic emailing back and forth I have eventually ended up with what I bought way back then. Its actually the Kurnass 2000 version so I am hoping that I can fit some appropriate engines in the back end at some point in the future.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

JayBee

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 10, 2013, 07:25:05 AM
From the Big H

RS Models Mustang P-51H and He 280 in 1/72

The Mustang will fit into my extended war scenario and the 280 will possibly be done as Hungarian on the Eastern Front

Quote from: kitnut617 on September 09, 2013, 03:00:34 PM

Jim

The PAK-20 book agrees with that ----

I know what that is now  ;D ;D

I use the MAP booklet that came free with Scale Models in 1971, Scale Plastic Kits of the World 1971. Produced, as it says, with the co-operation of The International Plastic Modellers Society.
You had to cut out the pages, fold them in half so that they became A5(ish) size and then stitch them together to make the booklet. According to the cover it could be bought for the Princely sum of three shillings and sixpence, or seventeen and a half pence in new money.
I still have mine!
The one model in it that has fascinated me all these years is the Lockheed U-2 in 1/100 scale by Otaki.
I could do with half a dozen of those!
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: JayBee on September 10, 2013, 03:42:17 AM
Two? ZWILLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :rolleyes:

i've looked at this idea but i don't have a spare centre section from say an F-82 twin mustang in the spares box
and the two F-82's i do have i want to build as real world examples.

thank-you though jim for your suggestion.  :thumbsup: its made me laugh and i'll try it at some stage.

kitnut617

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on September 11, 2013, 07:03:11 AM
Two? ZWILLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :rolleyes:

i've looked at this idea but i don't have a spare centre section from say an F-82 twin mustang in the spares box

You'd only need a bit of 1.5mm styrene card Trev -----
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: kitnut617 on September 11, 2013, 07:07:22 AM
Quote from: Howard of Effingham on September 11, 2013, 07:03:11 AM
Two? ZWILLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :rolleyes:

You'd only need a bit of 1.5mm styrene card Trev -----
oh!!!!!!!!!!! ok! ;)

PR19_Kit

The X-3 wings are only challenged in their thin-ness by the F-104, so go for it.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Like this ---

This would be one of the simplest and easiest Twinning ever I think ---  You could keep, or delete. the outside tailplanes. Whatever you like ---
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

martinbayer

Would be marching to the beat of his own drum, if he didn't detest marching to any drumbeat at all so much.