My stash just grew again (2013)

Started by Army of One, December 31, 2012, 01:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: Nils on December 14, 2013, 01:33:49 AM
just ordered my last stash additions for 2013.

Airfix 1/72 Hawker Hurricane Mk.I (Early)

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Chris Payne

Managed to pick up a HobbyBoss 1/48 YF-23 today.
Chris.

2014 EKFP Total = 8
2015 EKFP Total = 6
2016 EKFP Total = 2
2017 EKFP Total = 7
2018 EKFP Total = 3

Mossie

Quote from: Rheged on December 13, 2013, 03:24:31 PM

The Mark IX carried 50 troops, but as I recall it was so fume filled that even a reasonably determined pack of Brownies could have bested them for up to an hour after they disembarked

(My little sister took Brownies for 25 years, and I know first hand the chaos they can create)

A dio of the troops reeling out of the tank might be entertaining---------with or without the Brownies.

Bit of a pig to handle as well by all accounts, and that's by early tank standards.  The troops would rattle around inside which wouldn't help either.  IIRC it was largely given over to the supply role due to these problems.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Army of One

Not technically my stash.........but my son Max turned 5 yesterday (13th) and had his party today......he got an Airfix quick build spitfire (1/48 scale.....?) Which he absolutely loved.....but it was missing the two wheels....but the best was to come.....he got the Airfix VC aircraft set.....I've always wanted a Hampden.......Max says I can have that one but I gotta build the others for him.....he a good boy...and SWMBO'd got him a starter set, Airfix Spitfire mk1a......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

deathjester

Awesome!  I hope he had a great day :thumbsup:

Good news on the Hampden - I was just tracking one down for you, as it happens!  Do you have any spare wheels for that Spit BTW?

Army of One

He did thanks.....the wheels aren't the same as kit ones.....I'll be sending an email to Airfix shortly....got a few more ordered....the Me 109 and the Typhoon.....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

The Wooksta!

From ebay:
Ventura Spitfire PR.XI
Jays (ex-Ventura) Spitfire HF.VII
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Army of One on December 14, 2013, 01:15:16 PM
Not technically my stash.........but my son Max turned 5 yesterday (13th) and had his party today......he got an Airfix quick build spitfire (1/48 scale.....?) Which he absolutely loved.....but it was missing the two wheels....but the best was to come.....he got the Airfix VC aircraft set.....I've always wanted a Hampden.......Max says I can have that one but I gotta build the others for him.....he a good boy...and SWMBO'd got him a starter set, Airfix Spitfire mk1a......

Ah I see the plan now. SWMBO says "your stash is to big" so the lad gets them  ;D :thumbsup:

Wish Max a happy belated birthday for me.

Dizzyfugu

An Airfix A-1 Skyraider as a donation kit for a kitbashing idea/project - came cheap, just EUR 3,-.

Just ordered a decal set für the Saab whiffy Lansen project from RMB Decals in Sweden. Unfortunately, the set costs more(!) than the Heller kit, but since the Heller decal sheet is poorly printed AND the RMB set actually contains proper roundels and the necessary tactical code "FC 29" for the aircraft I want to replicate, I give it a try.  :party:

kitbasher

Santa came early.

A new 1/72 Airfix Lightning F.2A was delivered today.  The bits in the box can be described in one word.

Wow!

Worst thing about the kit is resisting the temptation to get another!!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kitbasher on December 16, 2013, 09:47:29 AM
Worst thing about the kit is resisting the temptation to get another!!

And that's a problem because.........???
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Martin H

Ive been told I have two of the above kit. But as my mum got to the package first, they have been wrapped up for some sort of gift giving shindig on the 25th.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Radish

Zvezda 1/144 Tu-160.....it'll be real for Stafford's theme for SMW14.
Zvezda 1/72nd T-50....certainly not real!!
Zvezda 1/72nd MiG-1.44....totally daft.....
Italeri Su-27 Sea Flanker (x 2)....to be totally screaming madness)
Academy F-15C (1/72nd)....to be laughingly silly)
HobbyBoss F-22 (1/72nd x 2......to be amazingly crazy)

:cheers: :party: :cheers: :bow: :cheers: :party: :drink:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Spey_Phantom

Quote from: Nils on December 14, 2013, 01:33:49 AM
just ordered my last stash additions for 2013.

-Airfix 1/72 HP Hampden
-Airfix 1/72 Hawker Hurricane Mk.I (Early)
-Italeri F-35A Lightning II
-Trumpeter 1/144 Su-27 Flanker
-Academy 1/144 Su-22 Fitter
-Revell 1/144 Su-47 Berkut
-Dragon 1/72 Mistel 5 & Heinkel He162
-1/72 German Swastika's

Arrived today, althought the Hurricane was out of stock :(
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.