Alpha Jet

Started by Nick, December 07, 2002, 10:34:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero-Sen

Alpha Jet with scooter wings and new nose ?

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

ysi_maniac

NARSES2

That's interesting  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

thundereagle1997

Quote from: Zero-Sen on August 10, 2022, 12:26:43 PM

Ever tried designing a supersonic bae hawk & or a supersonic AMX? Let me know your thoughts on this idea down in the comments below thank you for your support

ysi_maniac

French light attack based on Alphajet

Weaver

Oh nice one - a sort of Hawk 200 version of the Alpha.

IIRC in real life, their intention was to make a drop tank with an Agave radar in the nose and carry that on one side, with a single Exocet on the other. They probably got the idea from the Jaguar International which actually flew with a similar setup, but only as a proof-of-concept lash-up for the version with the radar in the nose that India ended up buying.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

jcf

If one was to install engines with a reduced rating would it be a Beta Jet?
;D

Hat, coat ...

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Weaver on January 13, 2024, 05:44:38 AMOh nice one - a sort of Hawk 200 version of the Alpha.

IIRC in real life, their intention was to make a drop tank with an Agave radar in the nose and carry that on one side, with a single Exocet on the other. They probably got the idea from the Jaguar International which actually flew with a similar setup, but only as a proof-of-concept lash-up for the version with the radar in the nose that India ended up buying.

That was for a navalized trainer ("Lancier") with attack capabilities.

1:72 Dassault/Dornier 'Alpha Jet Lancier M'; aircraft '31' of the Aéronavale's (French Navy) Escadrille 59S; Base d'aéronautique navale d'Hyères, 1996 (Whif/modified Heller kit)
by Dizzyfugu, on Flickr

ysi_maniac

VTOL Alphajet. 6 exhausts :-\  :-\  :-\

ysi_maniac

Alphajet powered by GE J85 compared with RW Alphajet powered by Turbomeca Larzac