My Library just grew again 2013

Started by Rheged, January 03, 2013, 01:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rheged

Well, someone had to start it!  This  continues the last posting on

My Library just grew again 2012

Quote from: pyro-manic on Today at 07:20:42 PM
Rheged: ISBN is 1-85310-349-7, Airlife Publishing Ltd, 1993.

And my grateful response:-

TA!!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Mr.Creak

Actually this should be in last years, but I've only just got round to starting it.
A friend who works at RIAT got me a great Crimbo pressie: Fireflash to Skyflash: A History of Air to Air Missile Firings in the Royal Air Force, 1952-2002.
Apparently they had a skipfull going cheap!
What if... I had a brain?

Mossie

Quote from: Rheged on January 03, 2013, 01:20:33 PM
Well, someone had to start it!  This  continues the last posting on

My Library just grew again 2012

Quote from: pyro-manic on Today at 07:20:42 PM
Rheged: ISBN is 1-85310-349-7, Airlife Publishing Ltd, 1993.

And my grateful response:-

TA!!

You can often find used copies on Amazon for a good price, that's where I got mine.  There's some going at the moment for reasonable pennies:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/1853103497/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

pyro-manic

I got mine from an ebay seller for about £14 including postage, so that's about right. :thumbsup:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

The Wooksta!

More cookbooks were donated to me yesterday.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Radish

Beano Annual. ;)
Douglas Propliners DC-1 to DC-7 :thumbsup:
Biggles WW2 Compedium.....of course!! :thumbsup:
Steampunk Bible :wacko: :wacko:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

NARSES2

Used my Waterstones Xmas vouchers in their sale and got 2 for the price of one  ;D :thumbsup:

Both hardback -

Wings - One Hundred Years of British Aerial Warfare by Patrick Bishop who wrote "Fighter Boys"

Destiny in the Desert by Jonathan Dimbleby. As per the recent BBC documentary
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

McColm

This months copy of 'Jets' Jan/Feb 2013 has an interesting article on the "Fairey Rotordyne" page 24 and a cutaway drawing on page 28/29.
Updates on the XH558  Vulcan bomber and the flying test bed Short SB.5 (English Electric test bed for the P.I Lightning). There's some good stuff in there.

Spey_Phantom

got a 1978 reprint of Craig Thomas's "Firefox"  :mellow:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

PR19_Kit

I was at the Elvington Museum y'day, and was it ever COLD, and bought the Aerofax Valiant book and the SAM Pubs RAF Harrier book. I've only started on the Valiant one so far and there's some good ideas for Whiffed Valiants in there, NONE of which include extending the wings for some reason!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Mossie

I'm sure you can remedy that!  Is it worth getting?  I've got the Vulcan and Victor titles and it's be nice to complete the collection.

It's my birthday soon and I thought I might put it on the list, as when asked what I wanted I've been ordered to amend the standard male reply of 'nothing much really'!  I thought I'd add the Miles M.52 volume by Eric Brown as well.

Anyone have any other suggestions?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

Is it worth getting? Absolutely, specially if someone else is paying.  ;D

And the M52 book is good too, even if it seems a bit short on real text and long on appendices.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

jcf

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 14, 2013, 03:35:12 PM

And the M52 book is good too, even if it seems a bit short on real text and long on appendices.

... and very long on Winkle's conspiracy theories.  :rolleyes:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on January 14, 2013, 04:14:14 PM
... and very long on Winkle's conspiracy theories.  :rolleyes:

With good reason.........

Regards
Kit

Hobbes

The M.52 book is an excellent read, well worth getting.