My Library just grew again 2013

Started by Rheged, January 03, 2013, 01:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

Casebook on the Men in Black - Jim Keith
The Mystery of U-33 by Nigel Graddon (u-boat sunk whilst attacking the Forth of Clyde)

Currently halfway through Joseph P Farrell's "LBJ and the Conspiracy to kill Kennedy"  Rivetting read.  Must track down a copy of "Crossfire" by Jim Marrs to go with it.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on June 06, 2013, 01:36:46 AM
The Haynes manual "Dan Dare : Spacefleet Operations Manual"  as a birthday present.  For those of us of acertain age, it brings back all sorts of happy memories of the Eagle  comic.

I got mine from Amazon y'day too.  ;D

HOURS of fun!

And at last I may be able to start on a model of my fave 'Anastasia'. Sadly there's no piccies of the monatomic hydrogen powered 'Valiant' ship in there.  :-\
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Army of One

Bit of a bargain......got a new copy of 'Soviet/Russian aircraft weapons since WWII' for £6.18 plus £2.80 p+p....what a great book with a wealth of info n pics....!! From amazon....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

The Wooksta!

Crossfire by Jim Marrs.

For some odd reason, I've started to get interested in the Kennedy assassination.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Steel Penguin

been reading the fuller memorandum by Charles stross, lovecraftian, spy fi. 
but it has given me an idea for a Lightning and Concorde combo,  666 squadrons premier occult recon aircraft.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

PR19_Kit

Picked up one of Aeroplane Magazines 'manufacturers' series today, that of North American and it's superb!

Full of some of my fave looking aircraft, P-51, P-82, F-86, F-100, XB-70, RA-5C etc, but there's a couple there I've never seen before. The XB-28 is a case in point, looking like a cross between a B-26 and a B-25, I'm surprised the USAAC didn't adopt it as could have flown almost outside the altitude limits of most Luftwaffe fighters of the time.

The one and only prototype was abandoned by its crew during a test flight as the fin came loose and was bent over at a 45 deg angle!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 18, 2013, 03:04:17 AM
Picked up one of Aeroplane Magazines 'manufacturers' series today, that of North American and it's superb!

Full of some of my fave looking aircraft, P-51, P-82, F-86, F-100, XB-70, RA-5C etc, but there's a couple there I've never seen before. The XB-28 is a case in point, looking like a cross between a B-26 and a B-25, I'm surprised the USAAC didn't adopt it as could have flown almost outside the altitude limits of most Luftwaffe fighters of the time.

The one and only prototype was abandoned by its crew during a test flight as the fin came loose and was bent over at a 45 deg angle!  :o

It is a nice series, isn't it. Picked up a few.

Anigrand do the XB 28, it's sitting in my stash ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Kerrillc

I had a splurge yesterday from WH Smiths yesterday:

British Naval Aircraft of WWII: British manufactured; the company profile of North American Aviation and two from Aviation Classics; the Northrop F5 and a history of Alenia Aermacchi, with a comprehensive set of biography/history articles, the pictures alone are very informative.
If I am targetted by JMNs, I'm in good Company.

No, no, no! You do not die for your country, you make the other one die!

PR19_Kit

Borrowed a great book from a fellow club member last night, 'Britsih Airliner Protoypes'.

A tad esoteric perhaps but written by a guy who knows his stuff and better, knows some people who have some CRACKING photographs. There are two outstanding pics, one of the Rotodyne doing a sort of Khe San approach to Farnborough, nose way up and about 15 ft off the ground, and the second of the Saro Princess just lifted off from the Solent, the step is about 5ft altitude, fabulous!

Regards
Kit

Kerrillc

From the watermans store at Bromley a copy of "Allison Engined Mustangs", very interesting indeed. Authored by Martyn Chorlton, it dovetails nicely with the Company profile for North American Aviation.
If I am targetted by JMNs, I'm in good Company.

No, no, no! You do not die for your country, you make the other one die!

Gondor

Received today from ebay....

Warpaint Series No 44 de Havilland Venom

been after one of these for a while now and finally got one for a good price. Will be used a reference for my Aero72 D. H. Venom F.B.4

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

darthspud

Just finished this
Empire of the Clouds: When Britain's Aircraft Ruled the World.
by James Hamilton-Paterson,

Thorougly good read, tad spotterish. but worth the 2.95 i paid for it.
too old for a paper round, too young for me pensions, dammit, back to work then!

NARSES2

Conn Iggulton's "Emperor, The Blood of Gods"

1/2 price in Smiths, so great value for a hardback
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Steel Penguin

Book 4 of the laundry files  The apocalypse codex  by Charles Stross.  lovecraftian spy-fi techno thriller.  :thumbsup:
I just need to get some ideas running and itll make a wonderful base idea for a RPG senario
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Spey_Phantom

i just ordered a copy of Siegfried Breyer's "Graf Zeppelin" for kriegsmarine'46 and luft'46 research  :thumbsup:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.