My Library just grew again 2013

Started by Rheged, January 03, 2013, 01:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

Invested in my future
Professional Chef vols 1, 2 & 3

College books leading to NVQ and diploma.  Having flipped through volume 1, it looks to be reasonably easy.  Might get me Dad to go through it with me as some kind of free ersatz training.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Kerrillc

Got another of the bookazine company profile series, this time the subject is Vickers from 1911-1977.

From the airships of the Admiralty to the magnificent VC10 and a cut away digram od the V-1000, the usual profile artwork by Andy Hay of www.flyingart.co.uk is scattered about the book.
If I am targetted by JMNs, I'm in good Company.

No, no, no! You do not die for your country, you make the other one die!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Kerrillc on July 07, 2013, 03:28:08 PM
Got another of the bookazine company profile series, this time the subject is Vickers from 1911-1977.

From the airships of the Admiralty to the magnificent VC10 and a cut away digram od the V-1000, the usual profile artwork by Andy Hay of www.flyingart.co.uk is scattered about the book.

I got that one too, terrific stuff. LOADS of Wellington variants in there.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: Kerrillc on July 07, 2013, 03:28:08 PM

Need to keep my eyes open for that, thanks for the heads up  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Spey_Phantom

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

PR19_Kit

Also from the Hereford trip today :-

1) The re-print of Bill Waterton's 'The Quick and the Dead'. read it years ago from the library but it seemed a good idea to get my own copy.

2) Hayne's 'Dambusters' Manual. SUPERB descriptions and diagrams of all the 617 Sqdn. weapons during WWII and a short while afterwards too. Very informative.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Steel Penguin

a copy of the 1979 dan dare album  :thumbsup:  had it when I was a kid, but It either got traded for something or one of my younger brothers snaffled it.  and at the grand price of a whole quid  nice and cheap.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Gondor

From ebay an unexpected win as I only put in one bid at the opening price...

Detail and Scale Volume 28: AV-8 Harrier Part 1 U.S.M.C. Versions.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Kerrillc

Well I added Project Terminated by Erik Simonsen from Amazon and from Waterstones in Bromley, from Osprey F-86 Sabre vs MiG-15.
If I am targetted by JMNs, I'm in good Company.

No, no, no! You do not die for your country, you make the other one die!

McColm

August issue of Aviation News has the following ;
USAF aggressors, unit based at RAF Alconbury
VC-10
Short Sunderland to Sandringham
S-64 Skycrane and S-64F Aircrane Italian fire fighters.
Tales from the logbook USAF museums and their exhibits

Update on the Vulcan XH558
Phantom farewell from the German Air Force frontline service
F-117's still flying over Groom Lake,  Nevada
Mildenhall first CV-22's arrive

The Wooksta!

Another Indian cookbook located in a charity shop.

Have to do some serious book shopping this week.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

McColm

NVQ courses have no written exams, and is a series of oral questions ,observations and  set coursework. In what they term as modulars or subjects ..An independent NVQ assessor will judge your coursework from time to time and say you homework .There is no failures but grades are given and modulars can be retaken to gain a better grade.
Good luck.

Steel Penguin

from ian Anderson yeaterday  5 british tankograds.
REME,  RECCE,  Task force helmand, Jackal and Coyote, and Chally 1.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

PR19_Kit

From the Brum show today :-

The Aviation Workshop V bomber book. I think they have a drawing of EVERY V bomber  :o that flew in there!

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Arrived in the post today, bought on ebay but sent by Amazon  :blink:

Chieftain Main Battle Tank, Development and Active Service from Prototype to Mk 11.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....