My Library just grew again 2013

Started by Rheged, January 03, 2013, 01:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

Thanks guys.  I'll put them both on the list. :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Rheged

Quote from: The Wooksta! on January 04, 2013, 07:30:42 AM
More cookbooks were donated to me yesterday.

Madame Rheged is getting rid  of some cookbooks in the next couple of weeks.  PM me a street address and I'll postr them to you for free if you want. Having done the "redundant" thing myself, I'm happy to help anyone in the same predicament
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

jcf

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 14, 2013, 11:33:31 PM
Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on January 14, 2013, 04:14:14 PM
... and very long on Winkle's conspiracy theories.  :rolleyes:

With good reason.........

Only if one is pre-disposed to agree with his theories, even though there is zero evidence to support them.
Actually he comes across as a bit of a Stanley Kowalski, 'I shoulda been first, I coulda been a contender.'
A shame really as he had such an impressive career.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on January 15, 2013, 10:49:44 AM

Only if one is pre-disposed to agree with his theories, even though there is zero evidence to support them.
Actually he comes across as a bit of a Stanley Kowalski, 'I shoulda been first, I coulda been a contender.'

A predictable response Jon, just as mine was...........
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

jcf

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 15, 2013, 11:21:27 AM
Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on January 15, 2013, 10:49:44 AM

A predictable response Jon, just as mine was...........

Well at least we can agree on something.  ;D  ;)  :drink:

Cheers Kit,
Jon

Hobbes

From Spitfire to Eurofighter, Roy Boot

Mossie

Good book, lots of varied projects, mostly Blackburn of course.  A lot on the Buccaneer.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

rickshaw

Finally got a copy of Battle Flight - from Amazon - and of course today I get an email from Crecy explaining they're able to accept my order now.   :banghead:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Kerrillc

I lost track of how many books etc., that I have bought in the past 4/5 weeks. So here is the list as it stands.
From W H smith
Spies in the Sky by Taylor Downing, fascinating account of photo reconnaissance in WW2.
Heroes of the Skies by Michael Ashford, great book.
DVD/Book on Winston Churchill, his successes and failures.
Target London by Christy Campbell, sub-headed Under attack from the V-weapons during WWII.
Jamie Oliver's recipe book[/pre][/left] Recipe Yearbook: "food for all seasons".
The Hobbit by J R R Tolkien, (school boy nostalgia, my class teacher, Mr Gadd, read it to the class, enjoyed immensely).

From the local BHF Music and Book shop
Spitfire Offensive Wing by Wing Commander R W F Sampson with Norman Franks.
Winged Victory J E 'Johnnie' Johnson and P B 'Laddie' Lucas.
The Afrika Reich by Guy Saville.

From Trinity Hospice's shop
Jihad!: The Secret War in Afghanistan by Tom Carew

And last but by no means the least from Waterstons
Battle Flight by Chris Gibson.
I had to wait for this book to be delivered, the numptie of a post person handed the parcel to my neighbour, got the signature AND DID NOT LEAVE THE "something for you" card in my letterbox, which defeats the objective AND into the bargain, they, Esther and family, had to race off to visit relatives on an emergency visit to Birmingham and forgot to let me know until the 14th of January!!

If I am targetted by JMNs, I'm in good Company.

No, no, no! You do not die for your country, you make the other one die!

Kerrillc

Here's two more to add to my library. From the Ian Allan shop at Waterloo on Saturady.

Attacker from the Cockpit series no 9: by Graeme Rowan-Waterson.

TSR2: Lost Tomorrows of an Eagle by Paul Lucas.

NOW all I need is the leisure time to read them.
If I am targetted by JMNs, I'm in good Company.

No, no, no! You do not die for your country, you make the other one die!

The Wooksta!

That Attacker book has some nice photos and it's great to dip into.

Charity shop trophy - Empire of the Clouds - for the princely sum of 50p.

Me dad also passed me another cookbook, but I can't remember the title.  Said it was more useful to me than on his shelf.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Radish

Ah....the Hobbit. Wonderful.

Just began reading "Sherlock Holmes v Dracula"....
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Gondor

A purchase from ebay arrived today.

McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantom II by Robert F. Dorr in the Osprey Air Combat series

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

Quote from: Radish on January 28, 2013, 03:21:42 AM
Just began reading "Sherlock Holmes v Dracula"....

Read 'Blake's 7 - Archangel' a few days back.  Didn't enjoy it at all. It didn't feel like the series and there's better fan fiction on t'interweb.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Had 15 mins to wait for a train, Waterstones at station, buy one get one half price....result 2 books for the library  :banghead:

Target Tirpitz by Partick Bishop.

The Popes by John Julius Norwich. A subject that fascinates me and one I know absolutely now't about. The blurb on the back about the allegedly female Pope (no one new she was female) who allegedly had a baby during a Papal procession sold me. As I said it's a subject I rather shamefully no nothing about and I'm particularly interested in the Renaissance period and the Papacy was so important then that I've been missing an important thread to it.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.