Rafale HAF: * * F I N I S H E D * *

Started by Ian the Kiwi Herder, January 03, 2013, 05:02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Ian the Kiwi Herder

National markings are on, it will take a couple of sitting to get all the (NATO) stenciling done, there's shed loads of them and there's no way I'm going to rush. Glued the IRIS-T's onto the wingtip stations and the whole thing immediately looked 'right'.

Photo's when I've done with the decals, hopefully later this week.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Wash done, national markings on, IRIS-T's loaded. Still need to get around to all that stenciling, as you can tell, I'm procrastinating on that.... just hope they don't all 'silver' and spoil the build !!

As you can see this is a fair way behind the F-2+, haven't yet painted the landing gear nor added the aerials etc, etc. As mentioned in the F-2+ thread, I'll be away from Monday for just about a week, so unless I manage to pull some spare minutes out of my backside tomorrow or Friday, the Rafale will be circling the field just as you see it now for a couple of weeks.

Thanks to all who have commented and supported the build(s), really appreciate it.   :thumbsup:

AFN

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

NARSES2

Both of your current builds are looking really good  :thumbsup:

One point though. Is it me or do these aircraft with blended wing/bodies always look a little odd when it comes to the placement of the fusalage roundels ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

You're quite right friend, but as you can see there simply aren't any 'flat bits' other than the fin in the profile !!

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Kit - RoG 1:48
Paint - All enamels
Decals - Model Alliance 'World Air Power Update #2' & kit
Extras - Loadout from RoG Eurofighter & Italeri Gripen.

Dassault Rafale MH
114 Combat Wing
Tanagra AFB

As usual, thanks for taking the time to look. Happy to take all questions, criticism, suggestions and comments.

AFN

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

Daryl J.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

The Greek Ghost scheme suits the Rafale well - but the long/sturdy front wheel (is it the Aeronavale version?) looks a bit odd on the elegant aircraft? Very neat  :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

With the current Greek economic situation they can't afford long runways so they have to use the long nose leg to take-off...........  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

MichelC

Love the Aegean camo! And beautifully rendered it is, too!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Tanagra, back in 2011, b4 the Rafale:  

(Photo courtesy of yours truly)

;)

M

Army of One

That looks great.....!! Really like that..... :thumbsup:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: MichelC on March 19, 2013, 10:40:17 AMLove the Aegean camo! And beautifully rendered it is, too!  Tanagra, back in 2011, b4 the Rafale:  

(Photo courtesy of yours truly)

Hi Michel
Thanks for the comments, friend (and everybody else too). Isn't it a shame that the M2000's weren't repainted in the Aegean scheme ?.... Oh, now there's an idea  :wacko:

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

FAR148

A french girl dressed in Greek clothing.... Man, I love the way you think :wub:

Very Cool :bow:

Long live the Brotherhood of the Rafale :wacko: