Real whiff on the streets of Crawley.....

Started by Army of One, January 05, 2013, 04:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Army of One

Not sure where to post this.....so I put it here....seen this about iAds of times but never been able to get a pic.....looks like an old Bedford fire truck/engine (?) with a caravan on top.....some sort of Mad Max camper van....

BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Sticky Fingers

The driver must be familiar with a LOT of alternative, underpass-less routes!

Weaver

Nice one!

I've seen something similar, although I don't have a pic. It was at a bike rally many years ago. The base vehicle was a Luton-body van (I forget the model) so it was already pretty tall, but on top of that was the entire bodyshell of a VW camper van. Naturally, the VW's roof section was extended..... ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Martin H

well if its under 14 foot 6 inches, it should fit under any bridge that your average double decker bus in the UK can handle.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

kerick

Looks like Crawley has a couple of redneck imports!
Sorry but when it comes to redneck engineering we still got you beat!
http://beta.photobucket.com/images/Redneck+camper/?#/images/Redneck+camper/?&_suid=135740677667005777121766932325
Was alcohol involved? :drink:
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Joe C-P

24 hours of LeMans? That's a great idea - you keep all the drivers on board and switch faster. :-)

I bet the Top Gear teams could do something with these ideas.
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: scooter on January 05, 2013, 10:06:38 AM
But I'm sure it doesn't beat this 24 Hours of LeMons entry:

If ever a vehicle needed a tilt system..........
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kerick

Isn't the propane tank illegal and or dangerous?
It's nice to know rednecks are international.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Hobbes

scooter

Quote from: Hobbes on January 06, 2013, 02:52:56 AM
The 24h of lemOns is a US event.

That it is...the only $500 car endurance racing around.  Very creative bunch of guys as well
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Mike Wren

the bottom bit looks like a Bedford RLHZ 'Green Goddess', but as for the caravan ID, I'll leave that to someone more qualified... great shot though!  ;D

Martin H

yeap, its a Green Goddess.
I had a drive in one just after the last firemans strike. Agricultural but fun comes to mind. The local drill hall where my old cadet squadron is based was used as a collection point for the Goddess's that were deployed around the county during the strike. The doors have no locks and are they are all push button ignition, So we (the squadron staff) "borrowed" one each and went for a quick run around the block.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Joe C-P

Quote from: JoeP on January 05, 2013, 10:11:19 AM
24 hours of LeMans? That's a great idea - you keep all the drivers on board and switch faster. :-)

I bet the Top Gear teams could do something with these ideas.
Oops, LeMONs. Actually, that's an even more likely event for the Top Gear nuts!  :rolleyes:
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Captain Canada

Looks likle he's still using the pumps and stuff from the old fire engine. What was inside ? Almost looks like the wheel of a dirt bike.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?