Nanzan is now FINISHED, yep, its a what-if

Started by matrixone, January 07, 2013, 11:31:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

This model was built out of box its the markings that just barely make this a what-if. ;) This is the 1/72 scale Tamiya Nanzan kit.

Matrixone

PR19_Kit

As immaculate as usual Matrixone.  :thumbsup: :bow:

Why is the fin chopped off so abruptly?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

matrixone

Thanks Kit,
The funny looking chopped off fin/rudder is because the airframe was designed to be used with floats and was known as the Seiran (the Panama Canal bomber), Aichi built a couple land based aircraft to be used during flight testing and later on as trainers and were called the Nanzan. It was found the Nanzan did not need a fin/rudder as large as the one used on the Seiran.

Matrixone

Cobra

Superb Job,matrixone :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: You Always seem to do Top Notch Work :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Dan

matrixone

Thanks for looking and the comments Dan!

Matrixone

PR19_Kit

Quote from: matrixone on January 07, 2013, 03:01:01 PM
Thanks Kit,
The funny looking chopped off fin/rudder is because the airframe was designed to be used with floats and was known as the Seiran (the Panama Canal bomber), Aichi built a couple land based aircraft to be used during flight testing and later on as trainers and were called the Nanzan. It was found the Nanzan did not need a fin/rudder as large as the one used on the Seiran.

Ahah, thanks so much.  :thumbsup:

I thought the airframe looked rather familiar but never thought of a floatless Sieran!  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

matrixone

Thank you NARSES2 and pyro-maniac!

I have a couple of what-if Me 262s in the works and after those I will attempt to do a figure...this is something I am actually dreading. :-\

Matrixone

pyro-manic

Don't dread it - just do it! It's supposed to be fun, so just have a go.

Gondor

Another superb build, I look forward to your Me 262's being finished.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

dumaniac

So Matrixone - I am bit of a 262 buff - what whatif's are you planning?

I think I have just figured out how to post an article on this site so I might put some of mine on the site - my skill base regrettably does not match my imagination or your delightful builds.

Glenn Gilbertson

matrixone

Thanks guys! &lt;_&lt;

The figure kit is something I never should have bought in the first place but will build it anyway but I feel lost working on a kit that has no RLM paint shades. :lol:

My two Me 262 kits are both 1/72 scale, a Special Hobby and a Revell kit.

Both of these models are quite a bit farther along than what you see in the above pics, the Special Hobby Me 262 is assembled and has been given its base coat of RLM 76 paint, the Revell kit is 95% built and has just been washed, when dry it will also get a coat of RLM 76. I will have this model painted in a special camo scheme for Zerstorers.

I have some pics of the other Japanese plane I finished on Dec.31st and will post them in a day or two.

Matrixone

pyro-manic

Push the envelope, and all that. Get to it! :thumbsup: