Battlestar Habakkuk......the space aircraft carrier?

Started by seadude, January 07, 2013, 12:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seadude

And I just got done adding a secondary bridge to the head of the Galactica model. My thinking is: Since this'll be a larger "Viper carrier" with four flight pods, the secondary upper bridge will act as the main flight operations center for all Viper flight ops and combat situations. The regular lower main bridge will still be in it's usual location and control all other ship and combat functions. I don't care if these bridge parts aren't accurate in terms of size, style, etc. I'm just doing this kitbash project for fun. And I don't have the money right now to get better parts anyway.

Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

I still look at this and go......corrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr  :o  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

seadude

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 12, 2014, 07:26:21 AM

corrrrrrrrrrrrr?  You mean "cool", right? ;)  Just wait until you see all the guns I'm gonna put on this ship.  :thumbsup: But..........further progress is delayed due to painting problems. :( Airbrushing is out of the question as I don't have an airbrush and have bad eyesight to use one. Spray cans probably won't work as there are too many holes, nooks, crannies, and tight spaces all over this kit where I need the paint to go. I tried doing some brush painting by hand last night, but the paint doesn't seem to either adhere or cover in a smooth coat on the plastic surface. The plastic of this kit is unlike anything I've ever worked with before. I'm not sure what Moebius used. I'm probably going to have to have everything primed, but I'll have to get help from some local model club members I know that hopefully can do the painting for me.
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

Leading Observer

Only just stumbled across this thread - in a number of SF books I have read, ice is used as the armour plating on all the warships, sort of sprayeed around the outer steel hull casing
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

NARSES2

Quote from: seadude on October 12, 2014, 09:26:06 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on October 12, 2014, 07:26:21 AM

corrrrrrrrrrrrr?  You mean "cool", right? ;) 

Absolutely, it's a sound made during my long gone childhood when you looked in the toyshop window and went "Corrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, that's terrific. Can I have it for Christmas please ?"  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.