Dragon markings

Started by rickshaw, January 08, 2013, 09:42:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathjester

Do you have a picture of what kind of thing you would like?

rickshaw

Quote from: deathjester on January 09, 2013, 01:57:02 PM
Do you have a picture of what kind of thing you would like?

Unfortunately, no.  What I visualise is a dragon, in green or at a pinch red, stretching the length of the fuselage, with its jaws open, spewing fire.

I'm presently looking around to see what is on the web but haven't really found anything that strikes my fancy.

I see to remember a Korean War USAF machine with something similar on its fuselage.  F-86?
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

deathjester

Would you like me to see if I can come up with something like that?

rickshaw

Quote from: deathjester on January 09, 2013, 05:03:57 PM
Would you like me to see if I can come up with something like that?

Yeah, that'd be good.  Most appreciated.  I was going to contact you anyway if I couldn't find a commercial decal to cover it, to get you to print one for me so this has just shortened the process.   Its for a B-57 so I need it about ~100mm long.  Thanks.

deathjester

I'll come up with a few different ones, and see what you like!

pyro-manic

Quote from: rickshaw on January 09, 2013, 03:40:11 PM
I see to remember a Korean War USAF machine with something similar on its fuselage.  F-86?

Don't know how I forgot that one. :banghead: F-86F "The Huff". the option is included in Airfix's recent Sabre kit:

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

deathjester

Are these any good to you?

rickshaw

Pretty good but I really would prefer one with a straight, outstretched neck.   Alternatively a stretched version of this Chinese Dragon would be good:

What ever happened to the poster who used to draw all the dragons?   He'd be able to draw one like I'm after...

Dizzyfugu

I remembered another (rather weird) option: there are 1:6 scale tattoo decals for large scale figures available, and I used a rather large dragon decal on a resin figure some time ago. I have no clear shot at the dragon on the left leg, it's probably 7cm long, all in all, and IIRC comes from a small German decal manufacturer, sold through ebay. Don't remember the name at the moment, but a search on evilbay for 1:6 tattoo decals might turn up something useful?

1:8 'Race Queen' Figure (sort of, kit conversion/customisation) by dizzyfugu, on Flickr

1:8 'Race Queen' Figure (sort of, kit conversion/customisation) - on black by dizzyfugu, on Flickr

Dizzyfugu

pyro-manic

Quote from: rickshaw on January 11, 2013, 05:50:59 AM
Pretty good but I really would prefer one with a straight, outstretched neck.   Alternatively a stretched version of this Chinese Dragon would be good:

What ever happened to the poster who used to draw all the dragons?   He'd be able to draw one like I'm after...

That'd be RussC.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<