My Unfinished Shame

Started by Captain Canada, January 17, 2013, 10:16:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

I had the day off today. So I sat down with a cup of coffee and went through the site. Found 43 thread topics of models I've started and never finished. Shame on me. I know I've said it before, but this time for real*. I'll be crossing things off my list later today, as a matter of fact !

*This statement is not associated with the time I said it in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 or 2012.

:blink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

deathjester

Of course, what's worse is that you've spent all day writing that list INSTEAD OF MAKING MODELS!!!!!!!!!   :banghead: :banghead::lol: :lol: :lol:

FAR148

QuoteShame on me

NO. You just got your next 43 projects all planned out!

Steven L  :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

That way lies madness, do NOT do it in 2014!!!!

[Says Kit who had over 60 unfinished models at the last census, but that was in 2005.........]
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

pyro-manic

Quote from: deathjester on January 17, 2013, 10:30:38 AM
Of course, what's worse is that you've spent all day writing that list INSTEAD OF MAKING MODELS!!!!!!!!!   :banghead: :banghead::lol: :lol: :lol:

THIS! Just pick one, the one that'll be easiest or quickest to finish, and DO it. Once you start making progress, it'll just keep moving. Don't fret about the backlog, it's not going anywhere...  ;D

Says me, who has finished TWO (count 'em!) models this year already! Granted, they were in progress for 1) several months, and 2) about three years, but they're done now!
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

McColm

Now that's an idea, to write down what I intend to build. I usually change my mind durring the build or when painting.

Gondor

I daren't write a list of that I have started as I usually prep each box with parts and decals before sticking parts together so that would make my list almost as big as my stash  :blink:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

kitnut617

I'm with you Todd, I've decide to clear some of the backlog of started models too ---
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Captain Canada

I see I'm not alone.....

I went thru the basement and looked thru all my half-started and semi-completed models and added another 50 something, bringing the total to almost 100 started projects. That doesn't include all the multiples. I'm hoping to finish one or two Hariers in the next couple of days.

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Father Ennis

Nice to know I'm not alone in not finishing my started kits ... !!!   I have no idea how many started kits I've not finished. I don't want to know either as it might effect my model buying !!!   On the other hand iv still got to finish that Sd.Kfz. 7 with quad glacier guns I started in 1984 ...   Probably,my oldest unfinished kit or not !!!  One of these days,if I live long enough,maybe,probably ...

Alvis 3.14159

I think I may invest in a woodchipper to eliminate the vast majority of my started but never to be finished builds.

*Sigh*

Alvis Pi

Mike Wren

was having a bit of a tidy up yesterday and found 2 boxes full of half finished projects I'd pretty much forgotten about (mostly 1/76-1/72 tanks so there's a fair few per box, maybe 30 or 40?)... I feel your pain!  ;D

kerick

Sounds like great stashes of whiff parts to me!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Nick

I've been clearing out most of my unfinished builds lately, as you probably realised. Makes life a little simpler when it comes to choosing a project!

Joe C-P

Your not a real modeler unless you have X partially-built models. (Fill in your own value for X.)  :ph34r:
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.