Sopwith SparrowHawk - A 1/32 Whiff...

Started by deathjester, January 18, 2013, 09:33:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathjester

Here we go!

Decided I should have a go at this, as that spare engine has just been sitting there going 'please build me!'

And it just so happens that I've got stonking great biplane hanging around...!

Here's the pilot figure that came with it - I reckoned that he needed a shoulder holster and ammo belt for a Browning Auto pistol...

And here's that engine, all 27 cylinders of it!

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kerick

Don't worry, there's no such thing as overpowered!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

deathjester

Quote from: kerick on January 18, 2013, 12:35:45 PM
Don't worry, there's no such thing as overpowered!
Exactly.

(I never see it as overkill, rather as justenoughkill...)   ;D

JayBee

Just stay with the two blade wooden prop and if it agrees to stay in one pice then you should not tear the wings off.  :wacko:
I am looking forward to seeing the end result.  :thumbsup:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

deathjester

A little update - new u/c went together ok, new wing fitment works pretty well, and the engine and prop are all together.

deathjester

Quick update - decided the tail was much too small, and that I should really fit the engine, and loads of other little additions...

Captain Canada

Haha...that thing is sick ! What's the spinner made of ? looks like one of those things that holds the shade on a lamp ?

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

deathjester

Quote from: Captain Canada on January 24, 2013, 06:52:26 PM
Haha...that thing is sick ! What's the spinner made of ? looks like one of those things that holds the shade on a lamp ?

:cheers:
Oh no, it's a part from a 1/24 scale Harrier!  From the rockrt pods.

Rheged

Is it just my imagination, or is the chap standing beside this fascinating creation pointing at the engine in a  rather anxious sort of way?.............or is it a self-satisfied  "I've got the most peculiar spinner in Christendom"  sort of look?
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

deathjester

I believe it is an expression of extreme smugness...

deathjester

And here we are all done!

Shown here as part of the 'volunteer' Royal Thai Navy No. 2 Squadron, formed after the Emperor of Thailand appealed to his friends in the British Foreign Office for help with marauding Japanese raiding forces...

PR19_Kit

That's got to be the nearest thing to a supersonic bi-plane there ever was!  :thumbsup: :bow:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

deathjester

;D ;D ;D Not so sure about that, but it should at least be able to pull off the old Beaver trick of taking off in its own propwash...

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?