Good Idea or Bad Idea?

Heck Yeah! Where do I sign up?
8 (80%)
I don't think so.
2 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 10

FAR148

Fellow modelers,
How many of you would consider buying some aftermarket resin goodies? I have been asked in the past if I ever considered selling some of parts. Well now if I get a large enough positive responds, I'll give it a go. I could do a limited run of a few of my parts. I would offer the following in 1/48 scale only(sorry, I only build in 48th)

ASM-4's

AGM-84L SLAM-shorty

The Beast

Shorty targeting pod set

and 30mm gun pods

I do have two worries. One is not getting a large enough positive responds. Not trying to get rich here but I dont want to lose money either. Second is pricing and shipping. I'm thinking all resin would be the same price with shipping included, $15(US) to make it simply. I think $20 would be too high. But the 30mm set would be cheaper.

Again, this is now set in stone. Just an idea. So, please tell me what you think and how you feel about it.
Steven L  :cheers:

Martin H

My advice would be to only cast to confirmed (paid for) orders.

Modelers in general are great at screaming yes to questions like yours, but have a habit of suddenly disappearing as soon as they realize its not going to be free. (speaking from personal experience here)

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

FAR148

QuoteMy advice would be to only cast to confirmed (paid for) orders.

Very good advice :thumbsup:

The Wooksta!

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

mkhulu

interested in the agm84 missiles. paypal acceptable and international shipping ? Cheers :)
Going nowhere slowly

FAR148

Quote from: mkhulu on January 19, 2013, 11:01:12 AM
interested in the agm84 missiles. paypal acceptable and international shipping ? Cheers :)

As of now it's just an idea. But yes Paypal would be accepted and I would ship international.

Steven   :cheers:

Ian the Kiwi Herder

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

rickshaw

They look excellent quality, as good if not better than many of the more commercial after-market bits and pieces.  Unfortunately the wrong scale for me though.   What Martin said, sounds sensible.   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Gondor

Quote from: rickshaw on January 20, 2013, 01:00:21 AM
They look excellent quality, as good if not better than many of the more commercial after-market bits and pieces.  Unfortunately the wrong scale for me though.   What Martin said, sounds sensible.   :thumbsup:

Agreed on all counts. They do look nice though  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Mr.Creak

Quote from: rickshaw on January 20, 2013, 01:00:21 AMUnfortunately the wrong scale for me though.
Yep, they're the "wrong scale" for me too. But I don't think that's going to stop me putting a couple of ASM-4s under a Vulcan wing or something... :)
What if... I had a brain?

rickshaw

Quote from: Mr.Creak on January 20, 2013, 06:07:54 AM
Quote from: rickshaw on January 20, 2013, 01:00:21 AMUnfortunately the wrong scale for me though.
Yep, they're the "wrong scale" for me too. But I don't think that's going to stop me putting a couple of ASM-4s under a Vulcan wing or something... :)

I agree, I might be tempted to put one under the centreline of some very modern aircraft or other.  They have a sort of advanced ASMP perhaps?  ;D
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Go4fun

Those gun pods would look hugh on my 1:72 Apache but what a bargain. I'll think about it (and seeing as my PayPal is screwed up) may I send a bank draft or postal check?
"Just which planet are you from again"?

Captain Canada

I'd be in for a missile set or two. I'm in Canada but could ship to US.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Gondor

On reflection I do have five 1/48 scale kits including a TSR2 which will need ordinance so I may become tempted.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

McColm

I haven't built any 1/48 scale models so far, but I have two in my. If I got the bug to build more than I'd take you up on your offer.