"What-if" : Messerschmitt P1099B (Revell 1/72)

Started by Draken35, January 20, 2013, 03:39:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draken35

I'm just starting this one...

I will not build a "Luftwaffe '46"; I have a different idea. More infos later (keep a little bit of suspense...)

Nice kit anyway.

First; holes for the rear machineguns are drilled

...Then, those of the front guns

Wings are glued (Very Me 262-like)

For the code of the aircraft, I will use home-made ones: decadry letters and numbers on clear decal sheet. I will have to add liquid decal film from Microscale

More progress soon I hope...

matrixone

Looking good so far...I am building one of those too.

In your third pic with the drilled out gun openings, are you sure this part is to be used with this varient? My kit came with two of those parts, one with the guns like in your pic and another minus the guns.
But since this is a what-if its not all that important anyway. ;)

Matrixone

NARSES2

I picked this up in the Modelzone sale, be interested to see what you do with it
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Judging by the letters, I'm guessing it's going to be a Czech one.  Hmmn, like that idea...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Captain Canada

Yup, looking good so far ! Not a big Luft '46 guy, but those Revell kits are so nice I've been buying them..... :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Army of One

Yes....!!!! The little things count....!!! Drilled gun barrels....! Love it...👍 looking forward to the finished article.....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Tophe

Interesting. :thumbsup: Will you have a classical Me-262 to display with it?
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Draken35

As MAtrixone said, the part I have drilled is the one for the 1099A (monoplace)... Will not be used, simply.

All the parts are actually removed from sprue...

Canopy is masked

Well, ready for painting

(if you are attentive, you can see what country will be represented...)

The aircraft will not be displayed with a Me262 but I'm thinking to a little dio...

Slerski

« Le MAGIC, c'est fantastique !! » [Sgt Vincent D., FAF armourer]

« Un Pétaf qui s'ennuie est un Pétaf dangereux... »

Spey_Phantom

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Draken35

I'm back...
As said, not a German; so I will not use any RLM paint...
Gunze H312

Draken35

Cockpit painting. Some touches of colors, because the cockpit is large...

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Draken35

NARSES2

Now I use bottle/jar tops to mix paint in but never thought of using them as "handles" - thanks for the idea