Bolton 2013

Started by Dork the kit slayer, January 20, 2013, 06:41:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Nice photos Aircav!

Did you see the way that big Air Cadets dio packed up? Each half of it is an L-shaped structure (ground plus sky) and the two halves lock together with wingnuts to make one big box with the details on the inside. Very clever... :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

One of those diorama pics had me going for a bit.....

Bloodhounds defending a WWII Spitfire airfield? Eh? What's that about then?

Then I realised it was two DIFFERENT dioramas next door to each other....  :banghead: :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Howard of Effingham

that bloodhound dio' is excellent!  :tornado:

the WW1 dio over the trenches i have seen before.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Aircav

Quote from: Weaver on January 21, 2013, 03:57:51 PM
Nice photos Aircav!

Did you see the way that big Air Cadets dio packed up? Each half of it is an L-shaped structure (ground plus sky) and the two halves lock together with wingnuts to make one big box with the details on the inside. Very clever... :thumbsup:

Thanks, I had to wait for my camera to warm up before using it as it had been in the car for most of the day.  :blink:  ;D
I didn't see them pack up but it sounds like a great idea how they have done the base boards.
All the best
Steve
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader