Just when you thought it was safe to go into the forum - the Whiffies are back

Started by philp, January 21, 2013, 07:42:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philp

Ok all.  With the help of several members of the Academy, the Whiffies, like the Phoenix before them, are rising again.

We have narrowed down the field from the 2011 nominations and have the final nominees house in hermetically sealed envelopes located at the Grot and Sons Accounting Firm of San Torta.

The voting threads will be going live sometime this week and the polls will remain open for 10 days.  At that time, the votes will be tallied in anticipation of the 2012 Whiffies (yes, I know it is 2013) which is currently scheduled for Feb. 2 (I think Groundhog Day is appropriate, don't you?).

Also, the 2013 Whiffies will be run sometime in March (probably the 30th, thought about April 1st but that is a Monday and hard for me to fit enough time in).
I will keep the 2012 Nomination thread open until Jan. 31st.  Remember, any builds from 2012 are eligible if nominated.  So try and remember some of those builds/profiles/stories that wowed you last year and make sure they have a shot.

The Academy is currently thinking of a better way to run the Nomination thread for 2013 which may entail a nomination thread for each category.  This would make it easier to tally what is up for what as people have a tendency to skip that detail when they nominate.  But we shall see.

As always I appreciate your patience as I continue to work through personal issues and really think the Whiffies is kind of therapeutic for me (yeah, doesn't make sense but it does). If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Thanks,
Phil Peterson
Mini Master of Ceremonies
Whiff Academy

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

tc2324

Phil, great work and many thanks for sorting out the whiffies.  :thumbsup:

Cast my votes and hope the other members take the time to do so to.
74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

philp

Alright all, the voting polls are now open.

You have until Feb 1st to get your votes in.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.