LF 1/72 "primitive" shaped small bombs ~100lb or smaller

Started by rickshaw, January 23, 2013, 04:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickshaw

I'm look for what I'd describe as "primitive" shaped small bombs in 1/72.  Not the highly streamlined ones we're all familiar with but rather older styles with drum fins which were prevalent just before WWII or at the start.  I need 4.  I would like to use them for a special build I have planned.  Of course I would be willing to pay postage downunder.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

rickshaw

Quote from: Captain Canada on January 23, 2013, 07:17:52 PM
Any idea what kits they might be in ?

Unfortunately no.  Most probably something light and biplane-ish.

The Rat

The old Hawk/Testors Supermarine Swift comes with some truly awful representations of bombs, and I should have a heap of them in the stash. Might have some other types too, I'll see if I can find them later, maybe post a picture.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

The Wooksta!

Try the Frog/Novo Blenheim.  There's some really small bombs in that or the Matchbox Lysander.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Army of One

I have 4 odd shaped ones from the Pe2 Airfix kit....I won't use them n you are welcome to them....no drum tail....sort of thick fins....happy to send them.....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

The Rat

Just had a thought - the Airfix Sunderland might have the type you're looking for.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

deathjester

I shall ride to the rescue then - I have a sprue of bombs like this, the smallest of them are about 1.5 cm long, four fins with a 'drum' that attaches to them.  How ever, I think they may be early WW2 250lb bombs.  Are they any good?  They are about the size of a Bic biro pen lid when built...

rickshaw

Thanks all.  This basically what I'm looking for:

I estimate they'd be in about the 100lb size or thereabouts.

deathjester

That's basically what I've got - just a bit older fashioned...

rickshaw

Quote from: deathjester on January 24, 2013, 04:34:34 PM
That's basically what I've got - just a bit older fashioned...

OK, PM inbound then.  Thanks.