A 1967 Corvette Roadster Gasser?

Started by Go4fun, January 29, 2013, 11:37:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pyro-manic

Can you not just extend the carbs? I have a Revell '78 Firebird kit that has a ludicrous carb setup sticking waaaaay up for the dragster option.

EDIT: 'Tis this one:

I've no idea what such a setup might lose/gain in terms of performance for your specific build, but it's clearly a thing that can happen. Alternatively, mod the firewall to allow the engine to sit higher further back? That would possibly involve some more serious interior work, but you've been doing quite a bit of that already. ;D
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Go4fun

I guess I could build a 'manifold box' for the carbs. I was also thinging of using a 1:24th scale supercharger on the 1:25 car to get things looking better.
"Just which planet are you from again"?

PR19_Kit

Increasing the length of the carb airway usually lowers the maximum torque revs, while keeping the amount of torque the same, if I remember my Auto Eng properly after all these years.  ;D

For a drag car that sounds like a good idea to me, gets you to max torque with a smaller throttle opening earlier in the start procedure. My Imp stock racer had a Weber 40DCOE on a 6-7" long manifold, which was as long as it would go before shoving the carb right through the inner rear wheel arch!  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Go4fun

I've used 'adapter plates' which were stacked 4 deep on a stock car for a short dirt track. Too say there was 'a little milling going on inside for air velocity' is like saying a C-5A is a 'fair sized carrier plane'.  :lol:
"Just which planet are you from again"?